Sr. Technical Writer - Manufacturing
Marketing & Communications, IT
Costa Mesa, CA, USA
Posted on Saturday, November 18, 2023
Anduril Industries is a defense technology company with a mission to transform U.S. and allied military capabilities with advanced technology. By bringing the expertise, technology, and business model of the 21st century’s most innovative companies to the defense industry, Anduril is changing how military systems are designed, built and sold. Anduril’s family of systems is powered by Lattice OS, an AI-powered operating system that turns thousands of data streams into a realtime, 3D command and control center. As the world enters an era of strategic competition, Anduril is committed to bringing cutting-edge autonomy, AI, computer vision, sensor fusion, and networking technology to the military in months, not years.
Anduril is seeking an experienced Sr. Technical Writer to partner with our manufacturing group to craft proposals, and generate and maintain technical documentation. The team believes that strong technical manufacturing content is a key element to winning future business. Additionally, documentation is a critical part of the manufacturing process from development through production. In this role you will work closely with leadership, manufacturing engineers and various subject matter experts to understand the end deliverables and winning themes, and generate content to meet the specific company and organizational needs. The Sr. Technical Writer will play a foundational role in setting the tone and quality bar on written artifacts, as well as helping to grow the technical documentation function as a whole at Anduril.
Written content artifacts may include: proposals, workflows, technical specifications, work standards, user guides, training materials, troubleshooting guides, and work instructions. You will partner with engineering, technicians, product management, and the business across all phases of product development — from concept, to development, to production and sustainment to ensure that the team has the documentation required to execute and deliver high quality products.
This is an opportunity to join a small and scrappy team to help shape Anduril’s manufacturing documentation approach from the ground up.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
- Build partnerships across the business to understand our customers and our deliverables, with specific focus on manufacturing proposals.
- Generate, review, and edit documentation, that is manufacturing focused
- Contribute to Anduril’s technical writing toolkit, working on everything from style guides to the documentation lifecycle and review process.
- Work with engineering to create process centric documentation in order provide complete, execution-centered documentation.
- Work with engineering to populate system background information in order provide complete, execution-centered documentation.
- 7+ years of demonstrated excellence generating technical documentation
- Previous experience creating proposal and technical documentation in the Aerospace industry and/or DOD
- Experience reading and interpreting engineering documentation
- A passion for excellent documentation and user experiences
- Clear and persuasive writing and in-person communication skills, for a variety of audiences
- The ability to thrive with a high level of autonomy and responsibility, managing competing demands and occasional tight deadlines
- U.S. Citizen status is required as this position needs to access export controlled data
- Experience writing technical manufacturing process documentation.
- Proven ability to create technical specifications and documentation from scratch.
- Experience leading and managing teams on fast-paced, complex projects.
- Active security clearance or ability to obtain a security clearance.
For Full Time Employment Opportunities: The salary range for this role is an estimate based on a wide range of compensation factors, inclusive of base salary only. Actual salary offer may vary based on (but not limited to) work experience, education and/or training, critical skills, and/or business considerations. Highly competitive equity grants are included in all offers and are considered part of Anduril’s total compensation package. Additionally, Anduril offers top-tier benefits, including comprehensive medical, dental, and vision plans, employee life and disability, mental health and family planning benefits with all premiums paid by Anduril. Anduril provides fully paid medical leave, paid company holidays, and paid time off. A professional development stipend is available to all Andurilians and all on-site meals are fully subsidized during the work week through use of our gourmet kitchens. The recruiter assigned to this role can share more information about the specific compensation and benefit details associated with this role during the hiring process.
Anduril is an equal-opportunity employer committed to creating a diverse and inclusive workplace. The Anduril team is made up of incredibly talented and unique individuals, who together are disrupting industry norms by creating new paths towards the future of defense technology. All qualified applicants will be treated with respect and receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, uniform service, Veteran status, age, or any other protected characteristic per federal, state, or local law, including those with a criminal history, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the CA Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance. We actively encourage members of recognized minorities, women, Veterans, and those with disabilities to apply, and we work to create a welcoming and supportive environment for all applicants throughout the interview process. If you are someone passionate about working on problems that have a real-world impact, we’d love to hear from you!