Senior Security Analyst, Insider Threat & Counterintelligence
Costa Mesa, CA, USA
Posted on Thursday, November 9, 2023
Anduril Industries is a defense technology company with a mission to transform U.S. and allied military capabilities with advanced technology. By bringing the expertise, technology, and business model of the 21st century’s most innovative companies to the defense industry, Anduril is changing how military systems are designed, built and sold. Anduril’s family of systems is powered by Lattice OS, an AI-powered operating system that turns thousands of data streams into a realtime, 3D command and control center. As the world enters an era of strategic competition, Anduril is committed to bringing cutting-edge autonomy, AI, computer vision, sensor fusion, and networking technology to the military in months, not years.
Anduril’s Insider Threat and Counterintelligence team is looking for a security analyst to focus on synthesizing enterprise telemetry and threat intelligence data into threat models and mitigation strategies. This role will be a key stakeholder within the Anduril Information Security team implementing forward-leaning, innovative Insider Threat and Counterintelligence threat detections and mitigations.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
- Support Anduril as our front line responder by identifying, triaging, investigating, and remediating Insider Threat related security detections and anomalies
- Lead evaluating and implementing controls to reduce Anduril's attack surface from an insider threat
- Produce dashboards and metrics to support and streamline incident response and investigations
- Produce written analysis and visual presentation of findings. Ability to communicate findings to all levels of the management team
- Work along side other members of the team to build custom tooling to automate manual processes
- Ability to work autonomously and take ownership of project outcomes and deadlines
- Proven experience in insider threat investigations, digital forensics, and incident response
- Deep experience with Splunk and/or other SIEMs
- Experience managing security tools across multiple operating systems such as Linux, Windows, and macOS
- Experience with network and host-based collection tools
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills
- Experience with scripting language(s) for the purposes of automating security operations and incident response processes
- Must be able to obtain and hold a U.S. Top Secret Security Clearance
- Experience managing Data Loss Prevention (DLP) tooling at large complex organizations
- Experience building controls around export controlled information, CUI, and other sensitive data
- Proficient with cybersecurity tools such as User Activity Monitoring (UAM), Cloud Access Security Broker (CASB), etc
- 5+ years of security, networking and/or systems engineering experience and a Bachelor’s degree in security engineering, cybersecurity, computer science, computer engineering or other STEM discipline; OR 7+ years of security, networking and/or systems engineering experience in lieu of a degree
Although we list out what we generally look for, we are very likely missing other attributes and skills that you have that could make you a great fit, but are not currently listed. Research has shown this especially applies to women and other marginalized groups, who tend to apply if they check 100% of every box, versus men who apply if they hit roughly 60%. The point we’re getting at, it doesn’t hurt to take a chance and apply!
For Full Time Employment Opportunities: The salary range for this role is an estimate based on a wide range of compensation factors, inclusive of base salary only. Actual salary offer may vary based on (but not limited to) work experience, education and/or training, critical skills, and/or business considerations. Highly competitive equity grants are included in all offers and are considered part of Anduril’s total compensation package. Additionally, Anduril offers top-tier benefits, including comprehensive medical, dental, and vision plans, employee life and disability, mental health and family planning benefits with all premiums paid by Anduril. Anduril provides fully paid medical leave, paid company holidays, and paid time off. A professional development stipend is available to all Andurilians and all on-site meals are fully subsidized during the work week through use of our gourmet kitchens. The recruiter assigned to this role can share more information about the specific compensation and benefit details associated with this role during the hiring process.
Anduril is an equal-opportunity employer committed to creating a diverse and inclusive workplace. The Anduril team is made up of incredibly talented and unique individuals, who together are disrupting industry norms by creating new paths towards the future of defense technology. All qualified applicants will be treated with respect and receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, uniform service, Veteran status, age, or any other protected characteristic per federal, state, or local law, including those with a criminal history, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the CA Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance. We actively encourage members of recognized minorities, women, Veterans, and those with disabilities to apply, and we work to create a welcoming and supportive environment for all applicants throughout the interview process. If you are someone passionate about working on problems that have a real-world impact, we’d love to hear from you!