Lead Product Engineer
Costa Mesa, CA, USA
Posted on Friday, November 3, 2023
Anduril Industries is a defense technology company with a mission to transform U.S. and allied military capabilities with advanced technology. By bringing the expertise, technology, and business model of the 21st century’s most innovative companies to the defense industry, Anduril is changing how military systems are designed, built and sold. Anduril’s family of systems is powered by Lattice OS, an AI-powered operating system that turns thousands of data streams into a realtime, 3D command and control center. As the world enters an era of strategic competition, Anduril is committed to bringing cutting-edge autonomy, AI, computer vision, sensor fusion, and networking technology to the military in months, not years.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
- Lead technical execution from vision & initial design, through fabrication, test and production
- Develop systems that support expeditionary operation, intuitive setup and use by warfighters, and modular expansion of sensors
- Setup trades to enable exploration of early designs while working closely with technical SMEs and Business Development teams to find the right solution for current and future gaps in capability
- Operate at the intersection of software and hardware
- Define product milestones, lead technical design reviews, guide cross-functional product decisions, manage engineering risk
- Coordinate the fabrication of prototype and low-rate production articles and subsystem/system level test efforts
- Work with senior leadership to ensure resource plans are adequate for work scope
- Support remote troubleshooting and operation of deployed systems
- Conduct hands-on, in-field testing
- Create and carry out a verification and validation plan for the end to end system
- Experience in a senior role leading system design and development from initial concept through test and delivery to customers
- Bachelor’s degree in Robotics, Physics, Mechanical, Electrical, or Software engineering, or equivalent experience in a relevant field
- Experience with data analysis, rapid prototyping, and early-stage customer deployment
- Hands-on build and prototyping of complex robotic systems
- Familiarity with concepts of mechatronic design, firmware + software system design, sensor physics, tracking & calibration, and data-backed decision making.
- Ability to engage technically with mechanical, electrical, firmware, sensors, and robotics software leads
- Ability to lead a cross-functional team through design trades while meeting program deadlines
- High ownership, mission-oriented mentality. Desire to see the product meet the end need of the customer.
- Extremely organized and detail-oriented, with strong verbal & written communication skills
- A sincere commitment to a positive, inclusive, and collaborative culture
- Must be able to obtain and hold a U.S. Top Secret security clearance
- Ability to travel as required for test planning and execution
For Full Time Employment Opportunities: The salary range for this role is an estimate based on a wide range of compensation factors, inclusive of base salary only. Actual salary offer may vary based on (but not limited to) work experience, education and/or training, critical skills, and/or business considerations. Highly competitive equity grants are included in all offers and are considered part of Anduril’s total compensation package. Additionally, Anduril offers top-tier benefits, including comprehensive medical, dental, and vision plans, employee life and disability, mental health and family planning benefits with all premiums paid by Anduril. Anduril provides fully paid medical leave, paid company holidays, and paid time off. A professional development stipend is available to all Andurilians and all on-site meals are fully subsidized during the work week through use of our gourmet kitchens. The recruiter assigned to this role can share more information about the specific compensation and benefit details associated with this role during the hiring process.
Anduril is an equal-opportunity employer committed to creating a diverse and inclusive workplace. The Anduril team is made up of incredibly talented and unique individuals, who together are disrupting industry norms by creating new paths towards the future of defense technology. All qualified applicants will be treated with respect and receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, uniform service, Veteran status, age, or any other protected characteristic per federal, state, or local law, including those with a criminal history, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the CA Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance. We actively encourage members of recognized minorities, women, Veterans, and those with disabilities to apply, and we work to create a welcoming and supportive environment for all applicants throughout the interview process. If you are someone passionate about working on problems that have a real-world impact, we’d love to hear from you!