Modeling and Simulation Engineer
Costa Mesa, CA, USA
Posted on Wednesday, October 11, 2023
Anduril Industries is a defense technology company with a mission to transform U.S. and allied military capabilities with advanced technology. By bringing the expertise, technology, and business model of the 21st century’s most innovative companies to the defense industry, Anduril is changing how military systems are designed, built and sold. Anduril’s family of systems is powered by Lattice OS, an AI-powered operating system that turns thousands of data streams into a realtime, 3D command and control center. As the world enters an era of strategic competition, Anduril is committed to bringing cutting-edge autonomy, AI, computer vision, sensor fusion, and networking technology to the military in months, not years.
We are looking for a Modeling, Simulation and Analysis Engineer to join our team. As part of the team you will have the opportunity to develop, implement and maintain a sufficient fidelity virtual representations of the myriad of different vehicles Anduril works on. You will work with subject matter experts of various sub-system (engines, landing gear, airframe etc) to development and deploy associated sub-system models to identify and capture the pertinent physics/phenomenon.
The ideal candidate has experience with flight physics/system dynamics and has proficiency in model development in code. The role relies heavily on the ability of the individual to quantify/understand systems on board vehicles and how they work in consort to provide system level functionality and then implement this integration as a model. If you have a passion for flight and like the idea of building a physics based digital representation of a flying vehicle this is the role for you!
WHAT YOU’LL DO
- Work on challenging problems in a fast-paced environment from across our portfolio of programs and products:
- Simulation solutions for Guidance, Navigation and Control algorithm development
- Software-In-The-Loop (SITL) solutions
- Hardware-In-The-Loop (HITL) solutions
- Pilot-In-The-Loop (PITL) solutions
- Customer product training solutions
- Monte-Carlo simulation analysis
- Simulation and Test data analysis tools and processes
- Work with multi-disciplinary subject matter experts to understand and adequately model pertinent sub-system, system and system of system dynamics
- Work with internal and external customers to understand simulation requirements and develop efficient modeling and simulation solutions
- Bachelor’s Degree or higher in engineering, computer science, mathematics, physics, chemistry, or related technical discipline
- 5 or more years related work experience
- Experience with aerospace/aeronautical systems
- Knowledge of flight dynamics/flight physics and control
- Nominal proficiency with C/C++
- Nominal proficiency with scientific computing systems (Mathworks products (e.g., MATLAB, SIMULINK etc.), scientific Python (e.g., numpy, scipy)
- Must be eligible to obtain and maintain a U.S. TS clearance
- 10 or more years or related experience
- Experience with rotorcraft/VTOL or Subsea vehicles
- Experience with model development to support Guidance, Navigation and Control algorithm development
- Flight test data processing/sim correlation experience
- Experience with developing sub-system and system level models (Air vehicle, ground vehicles, ground based sensors and other types of complex systems)
- Experience with HITL simulations
For Full Time Employment Opportunities: The salary range for this role is an estimate based on a wide range of compensation factors, inclusive of base salary only. Actual salary offer may vary based on (but not limited to) work experience, education and/or training, critical skills, and/or business considerations. Highly competitive equity grants are included in all offers and are considered part of Anduril’s total compensation package. Additionally, Anduril offers top-tier benefits, including comprehensive medical, dental, and vision plans, employee life and disability, mental health and family planning benefits with all premiums paid by Anduril. Anduril provides fully paid medical leave, paid company holidays, and paid time off. A professional development stipend is available to all Andurilians and all on-site meals are fully subsidized during the work week through use of our gourmet kitchens. The recruiter assigned to this role can share more information about the specific compensation and benefit details associated with this role during the hiring process.
Anduril is an equal-opportunity employer committed to creating a diverse and inclusive workplace. The Anduril team is made up of incredibly talented and unique individuals, who together are disrupting industry norms by creating new paths towards the future of defense technology. All qualified applicants will be treated with respect and receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, uniform service, Veteran status, age, or any other protected characteristic per federal, state, or local law, including those with a criminal history, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the CA Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance. We actively encourage members of recognized minorities, women, Veterans, and those with disabilities to apply, and we work to create a welcoming and supportive environment for all applicants throughout the interview process. If you are someone passionate about working on problems that have a real-world impact, we’d love to hear from you!