Networking Engineer (Defense & C2 Systems)
Costa Mesa, CA, USA
Posted on Monday, September 25, 2023
Anduril Industries is a defense technology company with a mission to transform U.S. and allied military capabilities with advanced technology. By bringing the expertise, technology, and business model of the 21st century’s most innovative companies to the defense industry, Anduril is changing how military systems are designed, built and sold. Anduril’s family of systems is powered by Lattice OS, an AI-powered operating system that turns thousands of data streams into a realtime, 3D command and control center. As the world enters an era of strategic competition, Anduril is committed to bringing cutting-edge autonomy, AI, computer vision, sensor fusion, and networking technology to the military in months, not years.
We're seeking a Network Engineer specialized in Defense and C2 systems. As a core member of our Electrical Engineering team, you'll play a pivotal role in enhancing our communication systems and advancing our defense technology systems.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
- Spearhead the architecture, design and testing of advanced communication networks (Cisco, Juniper), emphasizing Command and Control (C2)
- Create, maintain and communicate product development schedules with sufficient detail to ensure that all assigned personnel are aware of their tasks and deadlines.
- Configure, simulate and evaluate networking equipment, topologies, systems and datalinks
- Develop and manage interconnect diagrams, defining cables, wire harnesses, and network integrations
- Select and manage PWAs, cable, connector, and component vendors.
- Experience in the electrical integration of avionics modules and payloads into UxVs, ground vehicles, and C2 systems
- Support other functional engineering team’s development effort with an understanding of networks/communications, system impacts and trades regarding network/communication
- Represent the communications and networking sub-systems in vehicle-level cross-disciplinary trade-off studies that define and optimize the design of various vehicles and systems
- Expertise in the implementation and utilization of Commercial Solutions for Classified (CSfC)
- Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical Engineering or equivalent
- 5+ years of experience designing, testing and troubleshooting complex board designs and avionics modules in a UAV context.
- Experience with flight architecture and design for high reliability, resiliency, redundancy and/or fault tolerance, along with the ability to work collaboratively with other teams to define product requirements, develop specifications and conduct system level test
- Knowledge of the fundamentals of Ethernet and similar networks
- Understanding of hardware evaluation methodologies, including development of test cases/suites, performance monitoring, test automation, and data analysis.
- Experience with practical network configuration and troubleshooting
- Experience with network modeling and simulation and multiple networks working together
- Knowledge of integration and implementation of network security and the impact of security on network design
- Knowledge of modern analog and digital electronics and electronic circuits.
- Understanding of EMI and common system level integration issues
- Proficient with a variety of vendors of networking equipment
- Competence with test equipment such as oscilloscopes, logic analyzers, thermal chambers, current-probes, and automation of tests.
- Must be able to obtain and hold a U.S. Top Secret security clearance
- Knowledgeable in Python and C/C++
- Understanding and familiarity with DO-254, DO-178C, DO-160, DO-311A
- Understanding and familiarity with MIL-STD-810, MIL-STD-704, MIL-STD-461
For Full Time Employment Opportunities: The salary range for this role is an estimate based on a wide range of compensation factors, inclusive of base salary only. Actual salary offer may vary based on (but not limited to) work experience, education and/or training, critical skills, and/or business considerations. Highly competitive equity grants are included in all offers and are considered part of Anduril’s total compensation package. Additionally, Anduril offers top-tier benefits, including comprehensive medical, dental, and vision plans, employee life and disability, mental health and family planning benefits with all premiums paid by Anduril. Anduril provides fully paid medical leave, paid company holidays, and paid time off. A professional development stipend is available to all Andurilians and all on-site meals are fully subsidized during the work week through use of our gourmet kitchens. The recruiter assigned to this role can share more information about the specific compensation and benefit details associated with this role during the hiring process.
Anduril is an equal-opportunity employer committed to creating a diverse and inclusive workplace. The Anduril team is made up of incredibly talented and unique individuals, who together are disrupting industry norms by creating new paths towards the future of defense technology. All qualified applicants will be treated with respect and receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, uniform service, Veteran status, age, or any other protected characteristic per federal, state, or local law, including those with a criminal history, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the CA Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance. We actively encourage members of recognized minorities, women, Veterans, and those with disabilities to apply, and we work to create a welcoming and supportive environment for all applicants throughout the interview process. If you are someone passionate about working on problems that have a real-world impact, we’d love to hear from you!