Senior Robotics Software Engineer
Boston, MA, USA
Posted on Wednesday, September 13, 2023
Anduril Industries is a defense technology company with a mission to transform U.S. and allied military capabilities with advanced technology. By bringing the expertise, technology, and business model of the 21st century’s most innovative companies to the defense industry, Anduril is changing how military systems are designed, built and sold. Anduril’s family of systems is powered by Lattice OS, an AI-powered operating system that turns thousands of data streams into a realtime, 3D command and control center. As the world enters an era of strategic competition, Anduril is committed to bringing cutting-edge autonomy, AI, computer vision, sensor fusion, and networking technology to the military in months, not years.
Anduril’s Crucible org focuses on Systems Integration and Integrated Verification and Validation. In less dense terms, our team runs war gaming exercises every six weeks to integrate and validate the latest advancements in Lattice, our Software Platform. In order to effectively operate these war games, Crucible, in partnership with other teams, builds and maintains a suite of software that powers a fleet of surrogate test systems ranging from UAV, UUV and more. These systems are used to validate the latest capabilities being developed as a part of our Mission Autonomy and Command & Control platforms. If you are passionate about systems integration, verification and validation or simply love being at the intersection of building new Product in real world scenarios, Crucible may be the org for you!
As a senior Robotics Engineer on Crucible, you will be responsible for designing and building interfaces between robot capabilities and our Lattice Platform. To be successful in this role, you should have experience in working with autonomous systems, working cross functionally between hardware, software and operational teams and value end to end system functionality.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
- Write and maintain core libraries (frame transformations, targeting and guidance, etc.) that all robotics platforms at Anduril will use
- Design, build and integrate new autonomous behaviors for surrogate robotics systems used for Crucible exercise events
- Collaborate with Software Platform teams to augment or build new infrastructure and tooling needed to more quickly and reliably deliver
- Work closely with our hardware and manufacturing teams during product development, providing quick feedback that contributes to the final hardware design
- Bachelor's Degree in Robotics, Computer Science, Mechatronics, Electrical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, or related technical discipline
- Minimum of 5 years technical engineering experience with coding in C++ or Rust experience in a Linux development environment OR equivalent experience
- Experience working with data structures, algorithms, concurrency, and code optimization
- Experience troubleshooting and analyzing remotely deployed software systems
- Experience working with and testing electrical and mechanical systems
- U.S. Person status is required as this position needs to access export controlled data
- MS or PhD
- Experience in working with undersea robotics applications
- Experience in one or more of the following: motion planning, perception, localization, mapping, controls, and related system performance metrics.
- Python, Rust, and/or Go experience
- Experience programming for embedded and physical devices
- Multi-agent coordination of UAVs
- Complex frame transformation problems, such as target localization or multi degree of freedom robotic arms
- High empathy for your fellow engineers (our customers)
- Active TS/SCI clearance helpful but not required
For Full Time Employment Opportunities: The salary range for this role is an estimate based on a wide range of compensation factors, inclusive of base salary only. Actual salary offer may vary based on (but not limited to) work experience, education and/or training, critical skills, and/or business considerations. Highly competitive equity grants are included in all offers and are considered part of Anduril’s total compensation package. Additionally, Anduril offers top-tier benefits, including comprehensive medical, dental, and vision plans, employee life and disability, mental health and family planning benefits with all premiums paid by Anduril. Anduril provides fully paid medical leave, paid company holidays, and paid time off. A professional development stipend is available to all Andurilians and all on-site meals are fully subsidized during the work week through use of our gourmet kitchens. The recruiter assigned to this role can share more information about the specific compensation and benefit details associated with this role during the hiring process.
Anduril is an equal-opportunity employer committed to creating a diverse and inclusive workplace. The Anduril team is made up of incredibly talented and unique individuals, who together are disrupting industry norms by creating new paths towards the future of defense technology. All qualified applicants will be treated with respect and receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, uniform service, Veteran status, age, or any other protected characteristic per federal, state, or local law, including those with a criminal history, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the CA Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance. We actively encourage members of recognized minorities, women, Veterans, and those with disabilities to apply, and we work to create a welcoming and supportive environment for all applicants throughout the interview process. If you are someone passionate about working on problems that have a real-world impact, we’d love to hear from you!