Mission Software Engineer (Front-End), Counter Unmanned Aircraft Systems
Costa Mesa, CA, USA
Posted on Wednesday, September 13, 2023
Anduril Industries is a defense technology company with a mission to transform U.S. and allied military capabilities with advanced technology. By bringing the expertise, technology, and business model of the 21st century’s most innovative companies to the defense industry, Anduril is changing how military systems are designed, built and sold. Anduril’s family of systems is powered by Lattice OS, an AI-powered operating system that turns thousands of data streams into a realtime, 3D command and control center. As the world enters an era of strategic competition, Anduril is committed to bringing cutting-edge autonomy, AI, computer vision, sensor fusion, and networking technology to the military in months, not years.
WHY WE’RE HERE
The Mission Software Engineering team builds, deploys, integrates, extends, and scales Anduril's software to deliver mission-critical capabilities to our customers. As the software engineers closest to Anduril customers and end-users, Mission Software Engineers solve technical challenges of operational scenarios while owning the end-to-end delivery of winning capabilities such as Counter Intrusion, Joint All Domain Command & Control, and Counter-Unmanned Aircraft Systems.
On the Counter Unmanned Aircraft Systems we build robots that find other robots and knock them out of the sky. At a time when air superiority can no longer be taken for granted, the Counter Unmanned Aerial Systems (CUAS) team provides mission critical capabilities to warfighters. From detection to tracking, identification, deterrence, and defeat, our family of networked sensors and effectors enables our customers to rapidly close the kill chain against a broad range of UAS threats. Working across product, engineering, sales, logistics, operations, and mission success, the CUAS team develops, tests, deploys, and sustains the Anduril CUAS Family of Systems (FoS) in challenging operational environments worldwide.
As a Mission Software Engineer, you will solve a wide variety of problems involving networking, autonomy, systems integration, robotics, and more, while making pragmatic engineering tradeoffs along the way. Your efforts will ensure that Anduril products seamlessly work together to achieve a variety of critical outcomes. Above all, Mission Software Engineers are driven by a “Whatever It Takes” mindset—executing in an expedient, scalable, and pragmatic way while keeping the mission top-of-mind and making sound engineering decisions to deliver successful outcomes correctly, on-time, and with high quality.
WHAT YOU'll DO
- Design, build, and deploy a real-time, map-based interface for displaying and interacting with sensor data and commanding physical assets
- Fetch and manage large streams of data while maintaining performant rendering in a low-friction user experience
- Build and design immersive image-viewing experiences in a web-based platform
- Partner with end-users to turn needs into features while balancing user experience with engineering constraints
- Travel up to 30% of time to build, test, and deploy capabilities in the real world
- Degree in Computer Science, Operations Research, Electrical Engineering or related technical degree
- Experience working on frontend applications, especially data-intensive or map-based systems
- Broad experience in delivering functional outcomes
- A mindset towards innovative approaches of problem solving
- Must be eligible to obtain and maintain a U.S. TS clearance
WHAT WE VALUE IN MISSION SOFTWARE
- Customer Facing - Mission Software Engineers are the software engineers closest to Anduril customers, end-users, and the technical challenges of operational scenarios.
- Mission First - Above all, MSEs execute their mission in anexpedient,scalable, andpragmaticway. They keep the mission top-of-mind and make pragmatic and thoughtful engineering decisions to deliver successful outcomes.
- Small Project Wrangling = Large Project Impact - Our MSEs are the voice of our business line(s). They are the forcing function that gets us to think about how a project will transition to production and tie in to the centralized functions across the business.
- Embrace Challenge (and follow through) - We take responsibility for achieving the mission; Developing technical self-sufficiency across a wide range of environments. Ruthlessly prioritizing, while honing our ability to understand large systems and incorporate new components in varying levels of complexity.
- Platinum Benefits: We offer top tier platinum coverage (medical, dental, vision, life) and cover 100 percent of the premiums for you and your dependents.
- 16 Weeks paid parental leave for all caregivers
- Family planning: We’re proud to offer comprehensive family planning support. Fertility planning and treatment, adoption support, gestational carrier support and fertility preservation are all included.
- Unlimited Provisions: From breakfast to dinner, our kitchen team has you covered with healthy meals and snacks at every office.
- Commuter benefits
- Relocation assistance
- Unlimited and Incentivized Time Off
For Full Time Employment Opportunities: The salary range for this role is an estimate based on a wide range of compensation factors, inclusive of base salary only. Actual salary offer may vary based on (but not limited to) work experience, education and/or training, critical skills, and/or business considerations. Highly competitive equity grants are included in all offers and are considered part of Anduril’s total compensation package. Additionally, Anduril offers top-tier benefits, including comprehensive medical, dental, and vision plans, employee life and disability, mental health and family planning benefits with all premiums paid by Anduril. Anduril provides fully paid medical leave, paid company holidays, and paid time off. A professional development stipend is available to all Andurilians and all on-site meals are fully subsidized during the work week through use of our gourmet kitchens. The recruiter assigned to this role can share more information about the specific compensation and benefit details associated with this role during the hiring process.
Anduril is an equal-opportunity employer committed to creating a diverse and inclusive workplace. The Anduril team is made up of incredibly talented and unique individuals, who together are disrupting industry norms by creating new paths towards the future of defense technology. All qualified applicants will be treated with respect and receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, uniform service, Veteran status, age, or any other protected characteristic per federal, state, or local law, including those with a criminal history, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the CA Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance. We actively encourage members of recognized minorities, women, Veterans, and those with disabilities to apply, and we work to create a welcoming and supportive environment for all applicants throughout the interview process. If you are someone passionate about working on problems that have a real-world impact, we’d love to hear from you!