Commercial Field Ops Lead
Quincy, MA, USA
Posted on Saturday, September 9, 2023
Anduril Industries is a defense technology company with a mission to transform U.S. and allied military capabilities with advanced technology. By bringing the expertise, technology, and business model of the 21st century’s most innovative companies to the defense industry, Anduril is changing how military systems are designed, built and sold. Anduril’s family of systems is powered by Lattice OS, an AI-powered operating system that turns thousands of data streams into a realtime, 3D command and control center. As the world enters an era of strategic competition, Anduril is committed to bringing cutting-edge autonomy, AI, computer vision, sensor fusion, and networking technology to the military in months, not years.
Anduril is fielding the next generation of Autonomous Underwater Vehicles (AUVs) to tackle the extremely challenging industry demands of seabed exploration. Anduril has brought to the market a unique, ultra-long-range, full-ocean-depth platform, and a completely refreshed maritime vehicle and flexible manufacturing architecture that scales from "large" to "extra-large" vehicle sizes. Today, Anduril is executing on multi-million-dollar contracts while simultaneously performing Robot-as-a-Service (RaaS) AUV operations.
As our team continues to quickly grow, we are looking for motivated candidates that are inspired to work within an extremely energetic, creative, and innovative team that is passionate about subsea robotics and exploring the open ocean. We work in a highly dynamic environment where collaboration and idea sharing are a way of life.
We are seeking a Field Ops Lead to join our rapidly growing commercial business and take on a key role of being Player/Coach to multiple Field Test Engineers working in a cutting-edge start-up environment to advance the state-of-the-possible in subsea robotics.
WHAT YOU'LL DO:
- Lead a team of multiple Commercial Field Test Engineers
- Work within a dynamic team of multidisciplinary engineers and specialists throughout the life of AUV design, integration, and test efforts
- Take on the principal responsibilities of the hands-on troubleshooting, repair, operation, and maintenance of AUVs in the field
- Lead day-to-day operations for multiple AUV platforms, including conducting pre-mission testing, launch and recovery, vehicle tasking, and data analysis
- Deploy globally in support of at-sea AUV operations from a variety of support vessel types
- Write, review, and execute test plans during sea testing
- Coordinate test execution with 3rd party vendors, partners, and logistics companies
- Author daily ops reports to document the step-by-step activities of testing
- Support software UI design for AUV systems
- Generate user documentation for all aspects of AUV operations, including AUV user guide, mission planning guide, etc.
- Contribute to next generations design on all platforms and facilitate testing of new technology
- Lead Commercial AUV operations including supporting multiple nearshore sea test days per week
- Travel and support customer facing operations approximately 50% of the time, sometimes for multiple weeks at a time
- Proficiency in at least one of the following disciplines: Software Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Systems Engineering
- Ability to adapt quickly and learn in a fast-paced and dynamic work environment
- Knowledge of electronics troubleshooting and basic use of test equipment
- Extreme comfort being offshore for extended periods of time
- Ability to obtain and maintain a U.S. Top Secret Security Clearance
- Leadership experience
- Experience operating and testing complex systems, preferably in a maritime environment
- Experience integrating subsea acoustic sensors, underwater navigation, and communication systems
- Demonstrated experience with subsea operational procedures and equipment
- Proficient in reading and understanding engineering drawings and specifications
- Experience with leading on deck operations
The salary range for this role is an estimate based on a wide range of compensation factors, inclusive of base salary only. Actual salary offer may vary based on (but not limited to) work experience, education and/or training, critical skills, and/or business considerations. Highly competitive equity grants are included in all offers and are considered part of Anduril’s total compensation package. Additionally, Anduril offers top-tier benefits, including comprehensive medical, dental, and vision plans, employee life and disability, mental health and family planning benefits with all premiums paid by Anduril. Anduril provides fully paid medical leave, paid company holidays, and paid time off. A professional development stipend is available to all Andurilians and all on-site meals are fully subsidized during the work week through use of our gourmet kitchens. The recruiter assigned to this role can share more information about the specific compensation and benefit details associated with this role during the hiring process.
Anduril is an equal-opportunity employer committed to creating a diverse and inclusive workplace. The Anduril team is made up of incredibly talented and unique individuals, who together are disrupting industry norms by creating new paths towards the future of defense technology. All qualified applicants will be treated with respect and receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, uniform service, Veteran status, age, or any other protected characteristic per federal, state, or local law, including those with a criminal history, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the CA Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance. We actively encourage members of recognized minorities, women, Veterans, and those with disabilities to apply, and we work to create a welcoming and supportive environment for all applicants throughout the interview process. If you are someone passionate about working on problems that have a real-world impact, we’d love to hear from you!