Sr Sales/Propulsion Engineer
Sales & Business Development
Huntsville, AL, USA
Posted on Friday, September 1, 2023
Anduril Industries is a defense technology company with a mission to transform U.S. and allied military capabilities with advanced technology. By bringing the expertise, technology, and business model of the 21st century’s most innovative companies to the defense industry, Anduril is changing how military systems are designed, built and sold. Anduril’s family of systems is powered by Lattice OS, an AI-powered operating system that turns thousands of data streams into a realtime, 3D command and control center. As the world enters an era of strategic competition, Anduril is committed to bringing cutting-edge autonomy, AI, computer vision, sensor fusion, and networking technology to the military in months, not years.
Anduril’s Rocket Motor Systems group is seeking a Senior Sales/Propulsion Engineer to join our team. The Rocket Motor Systems group designs, develops, and manufactures next-generation solid rocket motors for defense and space applications at Anduril,
As Senior Sales/Propulsion Engineer, you will be at the forefront of winning new business for our group, as well as coordinating with our government and customer technical counterparts. The right person for this role has exceptional product concept design skills, technical planning skills, and networking skills. If you are someone who can rapidly design product concepts and outline the program plans needed to execute them, then this role is for you.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
- Generate concept designs and program plans in support of customer RFPs and RFIs
- Perform preliminary risk and opportunity analysis of potential future efforts
- Develop cost estimates for labor and materials for proposed programs
- Write sections of proposals and RFI responses
- Act as a liaison between Anduril RMS’ technical community and our counterparts within the government
- Determine technology roadmaps for implementation of new technologies into future products
- A minimum of 10 years’ experience in the SRM industry executing the design and development of new products
- A thorough understanding of technical planning for SRM development, from technical demonstration through full rate production
- Sufficient preliminary design skills to rapidly lay out SRM concepts in CAD.
- Strong networking skills, to establish and maintain relationships and strong lines of communication between Anduril RMS’ technical community and those of our government and prime contractor customers.
- Strong proposal writing skills.
- Mentoring and teaching skills to less experienced engineers.
- U.S. Person status is required as this position needs to access export-controlled data.
- Success in a leadership role on SRM development programs.
- Experience with Solidworks CAD software
- Must be eligible to obtain and maintain a U.S. TS clearance
For Full Time Employment Opportunities: The salary range for this role is an estimate based on a wide range of compensation factors, inclusive of base salary only. Actual salary offer may vary based on (but not limited to) work experience, education and/or training, critical skills, and/or business considerations. Highly competitive equity grants are included in all offers and are considered part of Anduril’s total compensation package. Additionally, Anduril offers top-tier benefits, including comprehensive medical, dental, and vision plans, employee life and disability, mental health and family planning benefits with all premiums paid by Anduril. Anduril provides fully paid medical leave, paid company holidays, and paid time off. A professional development stipend is available to all Andurilians and all on-site meals are fully subsidized during the work week through use of our gourmet kitchens. The recruiter assigned to this role can share more information about the specific compensation and benefit details associated with this role during the hiring process.
Anduril is an equal-opportunity employer committed to creating a diverse and inclusive workplace. The Anduril team is made up of incredibly talented and unique individuals, who together are disrupting industry norms by creating new paths towards the future of defense technology. All qualified applicants will be treated with respect and receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, uniform service, Veteran status, age, or any other protected characteristic per federal, state, or local law, including those with a criminal history, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the CA Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance. We actively encourage members of recognized minorities, women, Veterans, and those with disabilities to apply, and we work to create a welcoming and supportive environment for all applicants throughout the interview process. If you are someone passionate about working on problems that have a real-world impact, we’d love to hear from you!