Huntsville, AL, USA
Posted on Thursday, August 24, 2023
Anduril Industries is a defense technology company with a mission to transform U.S. and allied military capabilities with advanced technology. By bringing the expertise, technology, and business model of the 21st century’s most innovative companies to the defense industry, Anduril is changing how military systems are designed, built and sold. Anduril’s family of systems is powered by Lattice OS, an AI-powered operating system that turns thousands of data streams into a realtime, 3D command and control center. As the world enters an era of strategic competition, Anduril is committed to bringing cutting-edge autonomy, AI, computer vision, sensor fusion, and networking technology to the military in months, not years.
Anduril’s Rocket Motor Systems group is seeking a Chief Engineer to join our team. The Rocket Motor Systems group designs, develops, and manufactures next-generation solid rocket motors for defense and space applications at Anduril.
As Chief Engineer, you will provide technical and project execution leadership to solid rocket programs throughout their lifecycle, from cradle-to-grave. The right person for this role has direct, hands-on experience with the development of solid rocket motors from concept to production, deep technical understanding of solid rocket motor design and production, and excellent project management skills. If you are a hands-on leader, have an entrepreneurial spirit, and enjoy being the point person for getting a project across the finish line, then this role is for you.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
- Lead solid rocket motor programs from concept into production.
- Own the program—have full authority and responsibility for its execution.
- Generate program plans and execute to them.
- Be the “face of the program” with internal and external customers.
- Manage the day-to-day activities of an interdisciplinary technical team.
- Coordinate activities with other Anduril Rocket Motor Systems organizations outside of Engineering, such as Manufacturing Operations and Supply Chain.
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience with the design, development, and manufacture of solid rocket motors.
- Strong technical background in mechanical design, internal ballistics, structural analysis, or thermal analysis.
- Strong project planning and management skills.
- Well-versed in the application of systems engineering, particularly risk management and requirements management.
- Ability to travel to other Anduril sites, customer sites, or supplier sites as business demands. Anticipated 25% travel.
- U.S. Person status is required as this position needs to access export-controlled data.
- Advanced degree (masters or doctorate) in engineering or engineering management
- Experience with Solidworks CAD software and/or Abaqus FEA software
- Ability to obtain and hold a U.S. Top Secret Security Clearance
The salary range for this role is an estimate based on a wide range of compensation factors, inclusive of base salary only. Actual salary offer may vary based on (but not limited to) work experience, education and/or training, critical skills, and/or business considerations. Highly competitive equity grants are included in all offers and are considered part of Anduril’s total compensation package. Additionally, Anduril offers top-tier benefits, including comprehensive medical, dental, and vision plans, employee life and disability, mental health and family planning benefits with all premiums paid by Anduril. Anduril provides fully paid medical leave, paid company holidays, and paid time off. A professional development stipend is available to all Andurilians and all on-site meals are fully subsidized during the work week through use of our gourmet kitchens. The recruiter assigned to this role can share more information about the specific compensation and benefit details associated with this role during the hiring process.
Anduril is an equal-opportunity employer committed to creating a diverse and inclusive workplace. The Anduril team is made up of incredibly talented and unique individuals, who together are disrupting industry norms by creating new paths towards the future of defense technology. All qualified applicants will be treated with respect and receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, uniform service, Veteran status, age, or any other protected characteristic per federal, state, or local law, including those with a criminal history, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the CA Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance. We actively encourage members of recognized minorities, women, Veterans, and those with disabilities to apply, and we work to create a welcoming and supportive environment for all applicants throughout the interview process. If you are someone passionate about working on problems that have a real-world impact, we’d love to hear from you!