Senior Engineering Manager
McHenry, MS, USA
Posted on Thursday, August 17, 2023
Anduril Industries is a defense technology company with a mission to transform U.S. and allied military capabilities with advanced technology. By bringing the expertise, technology, and business model of the 21st century’s most innovative companies to the defense industry, Anduril is changing how military systems are designed, built and sold. Anduril’s family of systems is powered by Lattice OS, an AI-powered operating system that turns thousands of data streams into a realtime, 3D command and control center. As the world enters an era of strategic competition, Anduril is committed to bringing cutting-edge autonomy, AI, computer vision, sensor fusion, and networking technology to the military in months, not years.
The Anduril Rocket Motor Systems (ARMS) team is on a mission to build next generation solid rocket motors for a safer, more connected world. To achieve our vision of becoming a large-volume provider of tactical rocket motors, we will develop differentiated products and services that maximize our customers’ capabilities, and we will establish and maintain a reputation of Quality and Reliability.
We are developing the most advanced tactical solid rocket motor production facility in the United States. The Senior Engineering Manager will provide the leadership and direction to make this happen. Candidates for this role should have experience in integrated product development and have ideally worked with all stages of a standard equipment life cycle. They should be technically inclined with strong leadership skills and be able to comfortably understand and convey core engineering design principles. If you’re flexible and driven with a passion for design and improvement, we would love to hear from you.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
- Develop and lead a team of experienced engineering professionals to monitor and improve manufacturing processes, increase safety, ensure high quality, increase efficiency, reduce costs, and improve yields on all products
- Oversee technical project execution through the development and administration of budgets, schedules, and performance standards including the application of Design for Manufacturing (DFM) concepts
- Ensure mechanical, electrical, and software systems work together to form a reliable and capable system
- Lead continuous improvement and change management activities to improve process capability and mitigate risk, including the use of advanced technology, robotics, etc.
- Lead operations staff in all scales of engineering-related activity, from day to day building and problem-solving activities to annual and strategic capital budget and spending management
- Develop relationships with equipment OEMs to manage their execution while securing equipment life cycle support
- Create and maintain technical documentation to facilitate the efficient and effective handling of technical information
- Interpret, execute, and recommend modifications to company-wide policies and practices
- Bachelor’s degree in an engineering or technology related field.
- 15+ years of experience in large-scale manufacturing facilities and 5+ years of supervisory/managerial experience
- Previous experience in preparing complex test and diagnostic programs, software engineering, as well as knowledge designing test fixtures and equipment
- Experience in chemical/hazardous material processes
- Strong knowledge of engineering concepts including electrical and mechanical systems
- Ability to read and interpret engineering drawings including GD&T
- Experience managing complete system development including immersive interdisciplinary technical projects
- Advanced MS Office and/or project management software skills
- U.S. Person status is required as this position needs to access export-controlled data.
- Experience supporting aerospace, defense, automotive, and/or energetics facilities
- Formal training in project management
- Experience with automation
- Advanced degree in an engineering or technology related field.
- Working knowledge of SPC principles
- Experience with CAD software
- Ability to obtain and hold a U.S. Top Secret Security Clearance
The salary range for this role is an estimate based on a wide range of compensation factors, inclusive of base salary only. Actual salary offer may vary based on (but not limited to) work experience, education and/or training, critical skills, and/or business considerations. Highly competitive equity grants are included in all offers and are considered part of Anduril’s total compensation package. Additionally, Anduril offers top-tier benefits, including comprehensive medical, dental, and vision plans, employee life and disability, mental health and family planning benefits with all premiums paid by Anduril. Anduril provides fully paid medical leave, paid company holidays, and paid time off. A professional development stipend is available to all Andurilians and all on-site meals are fully subsidized during the work week through use of our gourmet kitchens. The recruiter assigned to this role can share more information about the specific compensation and benefit details associated with this role during the hiring process.
Anduril is an equal-opportunity employer committed to creating a diverse and inclusive workplace. The Anduril team is made up of incredibly talented and unique individuals, who together are disrupting industry norms by creating new paths towards the future of defense technology. All qualified applicants will be treated with respect and receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, uniform service, Veteran status, age, or any other protected characteristic per federal, state, or local law, including those with a criminal history, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the CA Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance. We actively encourage members of recognized minorities, women, Veterans, and those with disabilities to apply, and we work to create a welcoming and supportive environment for all applicants throughout the interview process. If you are someone passionate about working on problems that have a real-world impact, we’d love to hear from you!