Deployment Operations Manager - Altius
Atlanta, GA, USA
Posted on Thursday, August 17, 2023
Anduril Industries is a defense technology company with a mission to transform U.S. and allied military capabilities with advanced technology. By bringing the expertise, technology, and business model of the 21st century’s most innovative companies to the defense industry, Anduril is changing how military systems are designed, built and sold. Anduril’s family of systems is powered by Lattice OS, an AI-powered operating system that turns thousands of data streams into a realtime, 3D command and control center. As the world enters an era of strategic competition, Anduril is committed to bringing cutting-edge autonomy, AI, computer vision, sensor fusion, and networking technology to the military in months, not years.
The Deployments team is responsible for managing the coordination and execution of fielding Anduril’s products and hardware. Working across product, engineering, sales, and account management, Deployments is in charge of all Logistics and Technical Operations (field operations). This includes forward logistics, site installation and set up for new customer deployments/test events/demonstrations, maintenance & repairs, field inventory management, and reverse logistics. Deployments works side-by-side with Anduril’s Growth and Engineering teams to understand the specific problem sets for each new deployment and then shapes the plan to fit the mission needs. The team is a crucial component of ensuring customer and mission success, so therefore plays a critical role in the shaping and future of Anduril Industries.
SUMMARY / ABOUT THE JOB
We are looking for a Deployment Operations Manager to join our rapidly growing team in Atlanta, GA. In this role, you will be responsible for managing the processes and execution of deploying Anduril’s people and hardware across the globe. You will oversee all deployments within the Altius business line and will need to partner deeply with the Growth and Technical Operations leads to deploy the right hardware and people at the right time to ensure mission success. This will require unique problem solving skills, the ability to work across teams seamlessly, and a deep appreciation for details.
What you will do
- Collaborate cross-functionally across Anduril and develop strong working relationships with the Growth and Technical Operations leads to ensure the successful execution of all deployments.
- Own and flawlessly execute the Deployment Operations lifecycle of all deployments. As a key leader on the Deployment Operations team, you will be asked to own and manage all deployments related to your Business Line.
- Communicate effectively to keep internal and external teams informed at all times. Use the necessary tools (JIRA, NetSuite) and channels (Slack, email, meetings) to ensure stakeholders understand what needs to be accomplished and when.
- Obsess over the details and create structured plans for each and every deployment to ensure that people and hardware are in the right place at the right time. Deploying Anduril’s hardware requires white glove service where there are no second chances or do-overs
- Problem solve and remove obstacles for the team and internal and external partners. Know how to think critically and engage the right teams to help.
- Be a team player where no task is too small. Be willing to roll up your sleeves and get the job done. Embrace the startup life.
- Drive for continuous improvement and consistently look for ways to improve Anduril’s Deployment Operations processes. There are constantly new challenges and new products, so always look for ways to ease the burden on our internal customers.
- 5+ years of experience in operations, logistics, supply chain operations, product delivery, or project management
- A background in managing concurrent complex projects or tasks. Preferred in a manufacturing or hardware environment
- Advanced use of MS Word, Excel, Slack, Outlook; other productivity tools
- Strong independent worker who can drive outcomes with minimal oversight
- Strong problem solving skills and practical creativity. You will both identify strategic and scrappy solutions to problems and ruthlessly follow through
- Strong attention to detail
- Quick learner, willing to dive into new topics, both technical and non-technical
- Strong customer service mentality and willingness to work with stakeholders across an organization
- Must be able to obtain and hold a U.S. TS/SCI security clearance
For Full Time Employment Opportunities: The salary range for this role is an estimate based on a wide range of compensation factors, inclusive of base salary only. Actual salary offer may vary based on (but not limited to) work experience, education and/or training, critical skills, and/or business considerations. Highly competitive equity grants are included in all offers and are considered part of Anduril’s total compensation package. Additionally, Anduril offers top-tier benefits, including comprehensive medical, dental, and vision plans, employee life and disability, mental health and family planning benefits with all premiums paid by Anduril. Anduril provides fully paid medical leave, paid company holidays, and paid time off. A professional development stipend is available to all Andurilians and all on-site meals are fully subsidized during the work week through use of our gourmet kitchens. The recruiter assigned to this role can share more information about the specific compensation and benefit details associated with this role during the hiring process.
Anduril is an equal-opportunity employer committed to creating a diverse and inclusive workplace. The Anduril team is made up of incredibly talented and unique individuals, who together are disrupting industry norms by creating new paths towards the future of defense technology. All qualified applicants will be treated with respect and receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, uniform service, Veteran status, age, or any other protected characteristic per federal, state, or local law, including those with a criminal history, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the CA Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance. We actively encourage members of recognized minorities, women, Veterans, and those with disabilities to apply, and we work to create a welcoming and supportive environment for all applicants throughout the interview process. If you are someone passionate about working on problems that have a real-world impact, we’d love to hear from you!