Washington, DC, USA
Posted on Tuesday, August 1, 2023
Anduril Industries is a defense technology company with a mission to transform U.S. and allied military capabilities with advanced technology. By bringing the expertise, technology, and business model of the 21st century’s most innovative companies to the defense industry, Anduril is changing how military systems are designed, built and sold. Anduril’s family of systems is powered by Lattice OS, an AI-powered operating system that turns thousands of data streams into a realtime, 3D command and control center. As the world enters an era of strategic competition, Anduril is committed to bringing cutting-edge autonomy, AI, computer vision, sensor fusion, and networking technology to the military in months, not years.
Anduril is seeking an Engineering Leader to join a group of amazingly talented people focused on delivering mission outcomes through technology. You will help lead the delivery of high stakes, high profile, complex customer programs while strengthening our engineering and program-specific capabilities across the business line.
This is a technical leadership role within the group at Anduril that focuses on building hardware and software solutions, while connecting sensors and data across all domains, to all forces, and enabling and ensuring a scaled convergence of effects across a dynamic battle-space.
We are looking for someone who has experience designing → building → and delivering complex customer programs that are diverse in nature and require you to leverage both technical expertise as well as leadership skills to set objectives, build teams, and drive projects to completion. The ideal candidate will leverage their experience managing and executing to successfully deliver highly complex, optimized, multi-disciplinary products and programs.
WHAT YOU'LL DO:
- Lead, manage, and execute new and existing large and technical programs, from early stage design through to technology development, system integration, testing and deployment and management of a potentially large number of engineers.
- Lead the vision, strategy, design, architecture and implementation for large scale distributed data systems which ingest, process and make sense of exabytes of data, distributed globally, and lead the development of software systems to enhance how this data is used to solve mission problems.
- Lead software engineering teams to develop new and enhanced approaches to visualizing and operating systems that work with security, cyber, accreditation and signal data in real time and modeling / simulation scenarios.
- Work with experts to build systems that can operate connected and disconnected, support denied, degraded, and intermittent communication links, operated and be fleet managed centrally, and operate with high levels of availability and resiliency.
- Own the technical success of your programs, establish technical vision assemble teams of internal and external subject matter experts, and communicate that vision to them. These teams would include engineers directly under your control and subject matter experts in other engineering teams.
- Build a strategy for an enhanced delivery model, weaving together customer intent and desired outcomes into a long-term roadmap for a program or portfolio of programs within the business line.
- Manage a portfolio of technology-driven programs that span major customer/capital spend AND/OR unpaid, self-funded IRAD to advance an objective, or support customer exercises.
- Partner with senior leadership to ensure resource plans are adequate for work scope while developing a transitional plan to take products from R&D to production
- Significant customer-facing experience (ie. strong inter-personal skills / executive gravitas) leading high profile and high stakes programs where success, and associated revenue collection, is tied to complete program success
- Experience be technical, hands on, able to dig into technical details, whilst also able to step up to high level strategy
- Experience managing programs and/or leaders across government, services, commands, or countries
- Experience building and leading and managing multidisciplinary engineering teams
- Track record of transitioning to production from R&D
- Managed major customer/capital spend on programs the required large numbers of engineers
- Must hold a U.S. Top Secret Clearance
For Full Time Employment Opportunities: The salary range for this role is an estimate based on a wide range of compensation factors, inclusive of base salary only. Actual salary offer may vary based on (but not limited to) work experience, education and/or training, critical skills, and/or business considerations. Highly competitive equity grants are included in all offers and are considered part of Anduril’s total compensation package. Additionally, Anduril offers top-tier benefits, including comprehensive medical, dental, and vision plans, employee life and disability, mental health and family planning benefits with all premiums paid by Anduril. Anduril provides fully paid medical leave, paid company holidays, and paid time off. A professional development stipend is available to all Andurilians and all on-site meals are fully subsidized during the work week through use of our gourmet kitchens. The recruiter assigned to this role can share more information about the specific compensation and benefit details associated with this role during the hiring process.
Anduril is an equal-opportunity employer committed to creating a diverse and inclusive workplace. The Anduril team is made up of incredibly talented and unique individuals, who together are disrupting industry norms by creating new paths towards the future of defense technology. All qualified applicants will be treated with respect and receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, uniform service, Veteran status, age, or any other protected characteristic per federal, state, or local law, including those with a criminal history, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the CA Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance. We actively encourage members of recognized minorities, women, Veterans, and those with disabilities to apply, and we work to create a welcoming and supportive environment for all applicants throughout the interview process. If you are someone passionate about working on problems that have a real-world impact, we’d love to hear from you!