Lead C++ Software Engineer
Lexington, MA, USA
Posted on Friday, June 2, 2023
Anduril Industries is a defense technology company with a mission to transform U.S. and allied military capabilities with advanced technology. By bringing the expertise, technology, and business model of the 21st century’s most innovative companies to the defense industry, Anduril is changing how military systems are designed, built and sold. Anduril’s family of systems is powered by Lattice OS, an AI-powered operating system that turns thousands of data streams into a realtime, 3D command and control center. As the world enters an era of strategic competition, Anduril is committed to bringing cutting-edge autonomy, AI, computer vision, sensor fusion, and networking technology to the military in months, not years.
The Anduril Imaging team develops state-of-the-art imaging systems, deployed to tackle the most significant security challenges of America and its allies. We are seeking a Lead for our Real-Time Software Engineering team to guide the evolution of our novel infrared sensor processing system. You will manage the engineering team while still jumping in and doing hands on technical work about 50% of the time. You will help with, provide direction to, and oversee the team to design, test, and deploy real-time processing code in fielded environments and evolve our hardware processing system. In addition, you will maintain a deep understanding of our unique sensors.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
- Lead a team of 4 real-time C++ software engineers
- Manage requests from senior leadership and other engineering organizations to ensure work is properly allocated across the team
- Be responsible for career growth, engagement, and quality output of engineers on your team
- Implement image processing algorithms for real-time operations on SWAP-limited compute hardware
- Develop and maintain a well structured processing pipeline architecture for use across programs
- Utilize toolsets to aid in debugging and performance analysis
- Jump into and understand a large codebase
- Realize potential speedups and simplifications
- Write clean well tested code (mostly in C++)
- Create / modify custom CUDA kernels
- Review code developed by other engineers and provide quality feedback to ensure best practices
- Contribute to both engineering and product documentation
- Triage product issues and debug, track, and resolve them based on priority
- Work with a multi-disciplinary team on challenging problems in a fast-paced environment
- Travel expected approximately 10% of the time for field tests and demos
- Experience in a technical leadership role leading project teams and setting technical direction
- Strong background in software development - C++ experience required
- Experience processing live sensor data with on-prem edge compute hardware
- Experience with signal/image processing
- Bachelor of Science degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or related field, or equivalent work experience
- Strong analytical & critical thinking and problem-solving skills and an ability to communicate ideas clearly
- Team-player, self-motivated, driven, organized
- Experience troubleshooting and analyzing remotely deployed software systems
- Experience with software revision control
- Must be eligible to obtain and maintain a U.S. TS clearance
- Platinum Benefits: We offer top tier platinum coverage (medical, dental, vision, life) and cover 100 percent of the premiums for you and your dependents.
- 16 Weeks paid parental leave for all caregivers
- Family planning: We’re proud to offer comprehensive family planning support. Fertility planning and treatment, adoption support, gestational carrier support and fertility preservation are all included.
- Unlimited Provisions: From breakfast to dinner, our kitchen team has you covered with healthy meals and snacks at every office.
- Commuter benefits
- Relocation assistance
- Unlimited and Incentivized Time Off
For Full Time Employment Opportunities: The salary range for this role is an estimate based on a wide range of compensation factors, inclusive of base salary only. Actual salary offer may vary based on (but not limited to) work experience, education and/or training, critical skills, and/or business considerations. Highly competitive equity grants are included in all offers and are considered part of Anduril’s total compensation package. Additionally, Anduril offers top-tier benefits, including comprehensive medical, dental, and vision plans, employee life and disability, mental health and family planning benefits with all premiums paid by Anduril. Anduril provides fully paid medical leave, paid company holidays, and paid time off. A professional development stipend is available to all Andurilians and all on-site meals are fully subsidized during the work week through use of our gourmet kitchens. The recruiter assigned to this role can share more information about the specific compensation and benefit details associated with this role during the hiring process.
Anduril is an equal-opportunity employer committed to creating a diverse and inclusive workplace. The Anduril team is made up of incredibly talented and unique individuals, who together are disrupting industry norms by creating new paths towards the future of defense technology. All qualified applicants will be treated with respect and receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, uniform service, Veteran status, age, or any other protected characteristic per federal, state, or local law, including those with a criminal history, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the CA Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance. We actively encourage members of recognized minorities, women, Veterans, and those with disabilities to apply, and we work to create a welcoming and supportive environment for all applicants throughout the interview process. If you are someone passionate about working on problems that have a real-world impact, we’d love to hear from you!