Facilities Planner and Scheduler
Our mission is to restore cell health and resilience through cell rejuvenation to reverse disease, injury, and the disabilities that can occur throughout life.
For more information, see our website at altoslabs.com.
Our Single Altos Value: Everyone Owns Achieving Our Inspiring Mission.
Diversity at Altos
We believe that diverse perspectives are foundational to scientific innovation and inquiry.
We are building a company where exceptional scientists and industry leaders from around the world work side by side to advance a shared mission.
Our intentional focus is on Belonging, so that all employees know that they are valued for their unique perspectives.
At Altos, we are all accountable for sustaining a diverse and inclusive environment.
What You Will Contribute To Altos
This is a full-time Facilities Planner and Scheduler position reporting to the Facilities Director at the Altos Labs San Diego site and collaborating with global team members. Join a high-performance team supporting the equipment lifecycle for R&D labs, support areas, and building infrastructure. The Facilities Planner and Scheduler will also be involved in budgeting, procurement, equipment performance analytics, and maintaining documentation to support a safe, efficient, and compliant environment for groundbreaking R&D activities.
The ideal candidate will have experience leveraging technology such as a Computerized Maintenance Management Systems (CMMS) and Environmental Monitoring System (EMS) to support a dynamic startup environment with the installation, commissioning, maintenance, and monitoring of equipment and facilities (e.g., HVAC, CDA, RO/DI for BSL2 labs). Additionally, having working knowledge of Instrumentation and Controls, to efficiently monitor critical lab equipment and environments is ideal. Being a self-starter is particularly valuable in the dynamic and complex R&D startup environment where adaptability and initiative are key to effectively managing responsibilities and contributing to the overall success of the organization.
- Coordinating facility areas and assisting with space planning.
- Leading equipment installation and commissioning efforts, including asset induction, and set up of monitoring devices.
- Establishing and managing maintenance schedules, service contracts, and coordinating maintenance execution between asset owners and service providers.
- Ensuring compliance with regulatory requirements through inspections, audits, and maintenance planning.
- Collaborating with stakeholders to plan and execute facility-related projects.
- Establishing and maintaining equipment SOPs, maintenance plans, and records.
- Providing weekly reports on projects and metrics.
- Collaborating with global and cross-site teams to establish and maintain corporate and Facilities practices.
- Locally managing the EMS with the support from Global Facilities team.
Who You Are
- Associate degree (or technical school equivalent) in facilities management, engineering, or related field.
- Demonstrated expertise in coordinating facility operations, space planning, and ensuring compliance with industry regulations.
- Aptitude and experience with building infrastructure (e.g., boilers, chillers, AHUs), lab support systems (e.g., RO/DI, CDA, gas distribution), and computerized systems (e.g., BMS, EMS). Ability to read and interpret schematics and blueprints. Working knowledge of Instrumentation and Controls analyze data from the BMS and EMS.
- Hands-on experience with CMMS for effective planning, scheduling, and tracking of maintenance activities. Experience with Blue Mountain RAM is desired.
- Ability to collaborate with cross-functional teams and communicate effectively with various stakeholders.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills to address facility-related challenges an implement effective solution.
- Excellent organizational abilities to manage multiple tasks, prioritize responsibilities, and meet deadlines.
- Specialized knowledge and experience in life science or biotech facilities is advantageous.
- Experience working in multi-trade environments.
- Experience budgeting and financial management related to facilities and maintenance activities.
- A mindset for continuous improvement, seeking ways to enhance efficiency, reduce costs, and optimize facility operations.
- Strong project management skills to oversee and execute facility-related projects efficiently.
- Given the dynamic nature of R&D environments, the ability to adapt to changing circumstances and emerging priorities is crucial.
The salary range for San Diego, CA:
- Facilities Planner/Scheduler: $96,050 - $129,950
- Senior Facilities Planner/Scheduler: $107,100 - $144,900
Exact compensation may vary based on skills, experience, and location.
For UK applicants, before submitting your application:
- Please click here to read the Altos Labs EU and UK Applicant Privacy Notice (bit.ly/eu_uk_privacy_notice)
- This Privacy Notice is not a contract, express or implied and it does not set terms or conditions of employment.
What We Want You To Know
We are a culture of collaboration and scientific freedom, and we believe in the values of diversity, inclusion and belonging to inspire innovation.
Altos Labs provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Altos currently requires all employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, subject to legally required exemptions (e.g., due to a medical condition or sincerely-held religious belief).
Thank you for your interest in Altos Labs where we strive for a culture of scientific freedom, learning, and belonging.
Note: Altos Labs will not ask you to download a messaging app for an interview or outlay your own money to get started as an employee. If this sounds like your interaction with people claiming to be with Altos, it is not legitimate and has nothing to do with Altos. Learn more about a common job scam at https://www.linkedin.com/pulse/how-spot-avoid-online-job-scams-biron-clark/