Senior Manager, Accounting
Our mission is to restore cell health and resilience through cell rejuvenation to reverse disease, injury, and the disabilities that can occur throughout life.
For more information, see our website at altoslabs.com.
Our Single Altos Value: Everyone Owns Achieving Our Inspiring Mission.
Diversity at Altos
We believe that diverse perspectives are foundational to scientific innovation and inquiry.
We are building a company where exceptional scientists and industry leaders from around the world work side by side to advance a shared mission.
Our intentional focus is on Belonging, so that all employees know that they are valued for their unique perspectives.
At Altos, we are all accountable for sustaining a diverse and inclusive environment.
What You Will Contribute To Altos
We are seeking a Manager/Sr. Manager of Accounting to join our accounting team. The incumbent will report to the Director of Accounting Operations to assist in managing the monthly close process, and have strong involvement in financial reporting, systems implementations/improvements, establishing and maintaining accounting policies, operating the accounting system, and assisting with the preparation of financial statements. This position will oversee the accounts payable team (team of 3) and a Staff accountant.
This exciting position will aid the Accounting Team with the creation and execution of scalable new processes to support our growing organization. This is a highly visible role with exposure to all functional departments.
- Assist in managing the general accounting function, including performance of the month-end/quarter-end/year-end close process, preparation and booking of journal entries, and preparation/review of account reconciliations.
- Oversee accounts payable functions, ensuring accurate and timely processing of invoices, payments, and receipts.
- Manage certain other accounting activities of the company, including cash, investments, accrued liabilities, etc. to ensure accurate and timely transaction processing.
- Review all entries related to general accruals, payables, banking/investment related etc. to ensure transactions are recorded properly in the general ledger with appropriate coding.
- Oversee Concur Time & Expense activities and Corporate Credit Card Program
- Assist in improvements to our existing processes and implement best practices.
- Participate in ERP enhancements (NetSuite)
- Assist in preparation and/or review of financial statements and variance analysis, including monthly trends, budget vs. actual and other flux analysis.
- Support the requirements of the annual audit and quarterly reviews through preparation of audit schedules and other support to external auditors.
- Assist in preparing schedules requested by external tax advisors for corporate income tax returns and tax provision calculations.
Who You Are
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance or Business
- 5+ years accounting experience with demonstrated strong working knowledge of financial principles, system processes, internal controls, and US GAAP
- 2+ years’ experience of managing and supervising the accounts payable team.
- Advanced Excel skills (pivot table, VLOOKUPs) and proficiency with NetSuite
- Ability to develop and lead a team.
- Detail-oriented, self-motivated, and comfortable working collaboratively in teams or independently.
- Ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously and excel when faced with new challenges and problems to solve.
- Experience working in the biotech or pharmaceutical industry.
- Experience working in a start-up environment.
The salary range for Redwood City, CA:
- Manager, Accounting: $152,150 - $205,850
- Senior Manager, Accounting: $191,250 - $258,750
Exact compensation may vary based on skills, experience, and location.
For UK applicants, before submitting your application:
- Please click here to read the Altos Labs EU and UK Applicant Privacy Notice (https://bit.ly/3fHGl98)
- This Privacy Notice is not a contract, express or implied and it does not set terms or conditions of employment.
What We Want You To Know
We are a culture of collaboration and scientific freedom, and we believe in the values of diversity, inclusion and belonging to inspire innovation.
Altos Labs provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Altos currently requires all employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, subject to legally required exemptions (e.g., due to a medical condition or sincerely-held religious belief).
Thank you for your interest in Altos Labs where we strive for a culture of scientific freedom, learning, and belonging.
Note: Altos Labs will not ask you to download a messaging app for an interview or outlay your own money to get started as an employee. If this sounds like your interaction with people claiming to be with Altos, it is not legitimate and has nothing to do with Altos. Learn more about a common job scam at https://www.linkedin.com/pulse/how-spot-avoid-online-job-scams-biron-clark/