Scientist, In Vivo Pharmacology
To restore cell health and resilience through cellular rejuvenation programming to reverse disease, injury, and the disabilities that can occur throughout life.
For more information, see our website at altoslabs.com.
Our Single Altos Value: Everyone Owns Achieving Our Inspiring Mission.
Diversity at Altos
We believe that diverse perspectives are foundational to scientific innovation and inquiry.
We are building a company where exceptional scientists and industry leaders from around the world work side by side to advance a shared mission.
Our intentional focus is on Belonging, so that all employees know that they are valued for their unique perspectives.
At Altos, we are all accountable for sustaining a diverse and inclusive environment.
What You Will Contribute To Altos
An exciting opportunity is available for a Scientist to join the In Vivo Pharmacology & Biomarker Discovery team of the Institute of Medicine (IOM) at Altos Labs.
We are seeking a dedicated and highly skilled Scientist for our In Vivo Pharmacology Operations. The successful candidate will be supporting the progression of our therapeutic programs by conducting and optimizing in vivo research activities and successful execution of preclinical studies. This role demands a solid understanding of in vivo research methodologies and the ability to perform in complex operations.
- Lead the in vivo pharmacology aspect of multiple projects within the Institute of Medicine, providing in vivo pharmacology and physiology expertise
- Plan, execute and manage in vivo studies (in both mice and rats), including protocol development, dosing and tissue collection, study monitoring, bio sample management, tissue processing and relevant data analysis
- Occasionally execute cell-based assays and experiments of tissues from in vivo studies, perform analyses, and report results
- Conduct survival surgeries to establish various rodent models using aseptic techniques
- Develop, characterize and implement new animal models to improve the effectiveness of in vivo pharmacology studies
- Maintain detailed documentation of all studies in electronic lab notebook to ensure data integrity and traceability
- Optimize and implement best practices for in vivo research methodologies, including animal model selection, dosing strategies, sample collection and data collection techniques
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams, including Institute of Sciences, In Vitro Pharmacology, Science Integration, Innovation and Insights, Drug Metabolism and Pharmacokinetics, etc. to support the development and progression of therapeutic programs
- Ensure compliance with regulatory guidelines and ethical standards in the conduct of in vivo studies
- Evaluate and implement new technologies and platforms to enhance the efficiency and quality of in vivo studies
- Contributes to a team culture that promotes continuous improvement, ownership, professional growth, and inclusion
Who You Are
- DVM or Ph.D. in biological sciences with a minimum of 3-5 years of industry experience in nonclinical operations in a drug discovery and development setting
- Broad and extensive expertise with all aspects of in vivo rodent research (various dosing routes, anesthesia, surgical procedures, necropsy, tissue processing, etc.) in both mice and rats
- 3Rs-centered, welfare-oriented approach to animal-based research
- Strong communication skills, essential for effective collaboration with cross-functional teams and CROs used for outsourced studies
- Exceptional organizational and attention to detail skills, with the capacity to work autonomously as well as in a team setting
- Ability to troubleshoot and effectively solve problems in a timely and efficient manner, demonstrating resourcefulness and a high level of analytical thinking
- Hands-on experience with cell biology techniques (RNA/DNA extraction, PCR, Western Blot, ELISA, small molecule/biologics interventional assays)
- Experience working across diverse therapeutic modalities, including small molecules, biotherapeutics, nucleic acid therapeutics, and gene therapy is highly desirable
- Experience analyzing age-related diseases/deficits in animal models; including inflammation, metabolic disorders, neurodegeneration, muscle atrophy, bone loss and/or joint deficits
Experience with metabolic chambers, behavioral assay and analysis
The salary range for Redwood City, CA:
- Scientist I: $121,550 - $164,450
- Scientist II: $143,000 - $190,900
Exact compensation may vary based on skills, experience, and location.
For UK applicants, before submitting your application:
- Please click here to read the Altos Labs EU and UK Applicant Privacy Notice (https://bit.ly/3fHGl98)
- This Privacy Notice is not a contract, express or implied and it does not set terms or conditions of employment.
What We Want You To Know
We are a culture of collaboration and scientific freedom, and we believe in the values of diversity, inclusion and belonging to inspire innovation.
Altos Labs provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Altos currently requires all employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, subject to legally required exemptions (e.g., due to a medical condition or sincerely-held religious belief).
Thank you for your interest in Altos Labs where we strive for a culture of scientific freedom, learning, and belonging.
Note: Altos Labs will not ask you to download a messaging app for an interview or outlay your own money to get started as an employee. If this sounds like your interaction with people claiming to be with Altos, it is not legitimate and has nothing to do with Altos. Learn more about a common job scam at https://www.linkedin.com/pulse/how-spot-avoid-online-job-scams-biron-clark/