Scientist / Senior Scientist, Human Genetics
To restore cell health and resilience through cellular rejuvenation programming to reverse disease, injury, and the disabilities that can occur throughout life.
For more information, see our website at altoslabs.com.
Our Single Altos Value: Everyone Owns Achieving Our Inspiring Mission.
Diversity at Altos
We believe that diverse perspectives are foundational to scientific innovation and inquiry.
We are building a company where exceptional scientists and industry leaders from around the world work side by side to advance a shared mission.
Our intentional focus is on Belonging, so that all employees know that they are valued for their unique perspectives.
At Altos, we are all accountable for sustaining a diverse and inclusive environment.
What You Will Contribute To Altos
An exciting opportunity is available for an exceptional, highly motivated Statistical Geneticist to join the Institute of Medicine (IoM) at Altos Labs. The Scientist / Sr. Scientist will report to the Director of Human Genetics and play a pivotal role in developing and conducting research at the interface of discovery and translation.The candidate will work in a highly dynamic and cross-functional environment, collaborating with the Institutes of Science and the Institute of Medicine, and spanning multiple therapeutic areas. The successful candidate will have strong scientific training and a demonstrated track record of leading and conducting Human Genetics research in academia, biotechnology or the pharmaceutical industry.
- Harvest and analyze genetic and genomic variation to dissect the molecular and cellular basis of disease. Use those insights to enable and facilitate the development of transformative medicines
- Create and foster strong partnerships with groups at the Altos Institutes of Science
- Plan and conduct genetics research related to areas such as chronic disease risk and modifiers thereof, cellular resilience, stress response, and energy metabolism
- Collaborate with information technology, computational biology, and machine learning specialists to enable and streamline genetic data analysis.
- Contribute to a team culture that promotes continuous improvement, ownership, professional growth, and inclusion
Who You Are
We are open to candidates with a range of experience, as the position can be filled at the Scientist I, Scientist II, or Senior Scientist level. The level of the position will depend on the qualifications of the selected candidate.
- PhD in Statistical Genetics or a related discipline, with experience in an academic or industry research setting
- Track record of publications in peer-reviewed journals, and/or impactful contributions in the biotech / pharmaceutical industry
- Excellent collaboration skills and eagerness to thrive in the highly collaborative environment across Altos
- Strong knowledge of quantitative human genetics (GWAS, QTL mapping, etc.) and statistical modeling
- Expertise in genetic association analyses, summary statistics-based meta-analysis, fine-mapping, colocalization, Mendelian Randomization
- Experience with large-scale biobank data (e.g. UK Biobank)
- Proficiency in relevant programming languages (R, Python, etc.)
- Team player and effective communicator, able to bridge the gaps between computational disciplines and wet-lab science
- Knowledge of cloud computing and machine learning principles
- Experience with analyses using functional genomics data, especially in conjunction with genetic associations (e.g., scRNA-Seq, ATAC-Seq, etc.)
The salary range for San Francisco, Bay Area
- Scientist I: $141,950-$192,050
- Scientist II: $$167,000- $$288,000
- Senior Scientist: $190,000 - $252,000
- Senior Scientist II: $210,000 - $279,600
Exact compensation may vary based on skills, experience, and location.
For UK applicants, before submitting your application:
- Please click here to read the Altos Labs EU and UK Applicant Privacy Notice (https://bit.ly/3fHGl98)
- This Privacy Notice is not a contract, express or implied and it does not set terms or conditions of employment.
What We Want You To Know
We are a culture of collaboration and scientific freedom, and we believe in the values of diversity, inclusion and belonging to inspire innovation.
Altos Labs provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Altos currently requires all employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, subject to legally required exemptions (e.g., due to a medical condition or sincerely-held religious belief).
Thank you for your interest in Altos Labs where we strive for a culture of scientific freedom, learning, and belonging.
Note: Altos Labs will not ask you to download a messaging app for an interview or outlay your own money to get started as an employee. If this sounds like your interaction with people claiming to be with Altos, it is not legitimate and has nothing to do with Altos. Learn more about a common job scam at https://www.linkedin.com/pulse/how-spot-avoid-online-job-scams-biron-clark/