Cell Model Hub Manager
To restore cell health and resilience through cellular rejuvenation programming to reverse disease, injury, and the disabilities that can occur throughout life.
For more information, see our website at altoslabs.com.
Diversity at Altos
We believe that diverse perspectives are foundational to scientific innovation and inquiry.
We are building a company where exceptional scientists and industry leaders from around the world work side by side to advance a shared mission.
Our intentional focus is on Belonging, so that all employees know that they are valued for their unique perspectives.
At Altos, we are all accountable for sustaining a diverse and inclusive environment.
What You Will Contribute To Altos
The SDI Cell Modeling and Cell Engineering Hub will develop and provide access to state-of-the-art cell modeling modalities in support of SDI and Altos wide R&D initiatives. The Hub Manager will serve as a functional leader responsible for overseeing hub operations. The Hub Manager will be responsible for developing innovative cell modeling and cell engineering methods and workflows, integrating pipelines into larger operational networks and working groups, and standardizing pipelines to drive efficiency and impact of R&D efforts.
- Responsible for oversight of hub operations, including purchasing and management of equipment, development and implementation of cell modeling and cell engineering pipelines, and hiring and management of personnel
- Partners with Scientific Operations Director to broadly define goals and develop strategies to achieve goals
- Responsible for budgeting, forecasting, and metric based reporting
- Responsible for planning future expansions of infrastructure, instrumentation, service pipelines, and personnel
- Responsible for interfacing with PIs and scientists to identify areas of cell modeling and cell engineering support
- Responsible for interfacing with scientific operations and hub leaders to identify opportunities for collaboration and harmonization within centralized scientific support infrastructures
- Responsible optimizing, implementing, and standardizing pipelines in collaboration with SDI and Altos wide scientific leaders
- Responsible for working with scientific leaders to develop experimental strategies, techniques, and procedures, as well as the interpretation and modeling of data
- Responsible for developing and communicating policies and procedures for use of hub infrastructure (training programs, use guidelines, standard operating procedures, etc.)
- Responsible for proactive and tactful communication of information relevant to hub operations to larger constituency
Who You Are
- BS or MS in biological sciences or other relevant field
- Experienced within scientific discipline that hub serves
- Operational experience within a centralized scientific resource facility
- Some exposure to computational and data analysis modalities relevant to scientific discipline that hub serves
- Experience with managing teams and overseeing the completion of concurrent projects with diverse timelines and goals
- Solution oriented. Experience with successfully working with diverse teams to define scientific needs and goals, propose actionable solutions, and design and implement projects.
- Skilled communicator with proven track record of building effective partnerships with diverse teams
- Broad exposure to best practices for a wide variety of cell types and cell modeling applications
- Experience with immortalized cells, primary cells, pluripotent stem cells, and reprogramming modalities
- Experience with managing cell banks and cryogenic inventories
- Experience with cell screening and high throughput phenotypic assays
- Experience with viral vectors and generation of stable cell lines
- Experience with cell engineering technologies
Salary Range: $150,450 - $203,550 ~Exact compensation may vary based on skills, experience, and location.
For UK applicants, before submitting your application:
- Please click here to read the Altos Labs EU and UK Applicant Privacy Notice (https://bit.ly/3fHGl98)
- This Privacy Notice is not a contract, express or implied and it does not set terms or conditions of employment.
What We Want You To Know
We are a culture of collaboration and scientific freedom, and we believe in the values of diversity, inclusion and belonging to inspire innovation.
Altos Labs provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Altos currently requires all employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, subject to legally required exemptions (e.g., due to a medical condition or sincerely-held religious belief).
Thank you for your interest in Altos Labs where we strive for a culture of scientific freedom, learning, and belonging.
Note: Altos Labs will not ask you to download a messaging app for an interview or outlay your own money to get started as an employee. If this sounds like your interaction with people claiming to be with Altos, it is not legitimate and has nothing to do with Altos. Learn more about a common job scam at https://www.linkedin.com/pulse/how-spot-avoid-online-job-scams-biron-clark/