Research Associate/Senior Research Associate (Belmonte Lab)
To restore cell health and resilience through cellular rejuvenation programming to reverse disease, injury, and the disabilities that can occur throughout life.
For more information, see our website at altoslabs.com.
Diversity at Altos
We believe that diverse perspectives are foundational to scientific innovation and inquiry.
We are building a company where exceptional scientists and industry leaders from around the world work side by side to advance a shared mission.
Our intentional focus is on Belonging, so that all employees know that they are valued for their unique perspectives.
At Altos, we are all accountable for sustaining a diverse and inclusive environment.
What You Will Contribute To Altos
Reporting to Juan Carlos Izpisua Belmonte, the RA/SRA is a key position that provides technical support to the scientists in the lab at the Altos Labs, San Diego Institute of Science. Specifically, we are looking for an individual to assist our scientists in basic molecular biology techniques as well as assist in developing/maintaining cell culture. There is the possibility of working with various rodent models. The individual must be detail oriented, have strong communication skills, and be willing to work in a dynamic, fast-growing environment.
- Support preparation of standard and custom solutions and buffers, cell growth media and plates for microbial growth as well as other lab reagents.
- Provide lab support by performing molecular biology techniques (e.g., DNA isolation, PCR, gel electrophoresis, etc.) and/or mammalian cell culture techniques with interest in learning new techniques.
- Possible in vivo work with animal models.
- Support team with lab maintenance, including waste removal and periodic maintenance/cleaning of equipment.
- Order items through Altos Purchasing system as needed and assist with package deliveries and storage of temperature-sensitive items.
- Create/update work instructions and SOP documents as necessary.
- Comply to the safety standards to ensure a safe and healthy work environment.
- Other duties as assigned based on experience.
Who You Are
Skills and Experience:
- BS or MS in Molecular biology or equivalent life science degree
- 2+ years hands-on experience working in a wet lab supporting scientists at all levels.
- Experience in preparing standard and custom cell growth media, buffers, nutrient plates for microbial growth and other lab reagents.
- Hands-on molecular biology experience required.
- Experience in maintaining a safe lab working environment.
- Must be flexible and adaptable with work schedules and performing tasks.
- Excellent communicator and highly organized.
- Strong, collaborative team player, with demonstrated ability to work well in a team environment as well as independently.
- Ability to perform highly complex experiments and techniques with high levels of reliability and accuracy within time constraints.
- Ability to coordinate and manage multiple projects in a complex environment.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and willingness to cross-train in multiple areas.
- Strong computer skills including familiarity with relevant software (Excel, Word, Benchling) a plus.
- This position requires the individual to be ready to start work on-time daily.
Salary Range: Research Associate I; $80,750-$109,250 | Research Associate II; $96,900-$131,100 | Senior Research Associate; $111,350-$150,650
Exact compensation may vary based on skills, experience, and location.
For UK applicants, before submitting your application:
- Please click here to read the Altos Labs EU and UK Applicant Privacy Notice (https://bit.ly/3fHGl98)
- This Privacy Notice is not a contract, express or implied and it does not set terms or conditions of employment.
What We Want You To Know
We are a culture of collaboration and scientific freedom, and we believe in the values of diversity, inclusion and belonging to inspire innovation.
Altos Labs provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Altos currently requires all employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, subject to legally required exemptions (e.g., due to a medical condition or sincerely-held religious belief).
Thank you for your interest in Altos Labs where we strive for a culture of scientific freedom, learning, and belonging.
Note: Altos Labs will not ask you to download a messaging app for an interview or outlay your own money to get started as an employee. If this sounds like your interaction with people claiming to be with Altos, it is not legitimate and has nothing to do with Altos. Learn more about a common job scam at https://www.linkedin.com/pulse/how-spot-avoid-online-job-scams-biron-clark/