Director, In Vitro Pharmacology
To restore cell health and resilience through cellular rejuvenation programming to reverse disease, injury, and the disabilities that can occur throughout life.
For more information, see our website at altoslabs.com.
Diversity at Altos
We believe that diverse perspectives are foundational to scientific innovation and inquiry.
We are building a company where exceptional scientists and industry leaders from around the world work side by side to advance a shared mission.
Our intentional focus is on Belonging, so that all employees know that they are valued for their unique perspectives.
At Altos, we are all accountable for sustaining a diverse and inclusive environment.
What You Will Contribute To Altos
As a Director of In Vitro Pharmacology in the Institute of Medicine (IOM) at Altos Labs, you will join a dynamic team in a unique environment where leading research labs work side by side with industry scientists. You will be responsible for building and leading a team to develop biophysical, biochemical and cell-based assays. Your work will support our efforts to understand the deep mechanistic biology of rejuvenation/aging in support of target validation. Additionally, you will contribute to our drug discovery campaigns through the selection of drug candidates and support a diverse portfolio of early exploratory and drug-discovery stage projects. Your expertise and leadership will be instrumental in driving our mission forward and making a significant impact in the field of aging/rejuvenation biology and drug discovery.
- Build, lead and mentor a team to develop and optimize cellular and biochemical assays to support our understanding of the deep mechanistic biology of rejuvenation/aging.
- Implement in vitro pharmacology strategies to validate targets and elucidate mechanisms of action for potential drug candidates.
- Collaborate with Institute of Science (IOS) labs and cross-functional teams to identify and validate novel drug targets.
- Work closely with process development and analytical development teams in Technical Operations to discover processes and assays that will align with their downstream operations.
- Provide scientific leadership and expertise in the field of aging/rejuvenation biology.
- Drive data analysis and interpretation to guide decision-making processes.
- Support a diverse portfolio of early exploratory and drug-discovery stage projects.
- Stay abreast of the latest scientific and technological advancements in the field.
Who You Are
- PhD in Pharmacology, Biology, Biochemistry, or a related field and a minimum of 10 years of industry experience in leading in vitro research in a drug discovery and development setting.
- Extensive experience in cellular and biochemical assay development.
- Proven track record of solving complex biological mechanisms.
- Demonstrated ability to lead and influence cross-functional teams.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills.
- Experience working across diverse therapeutic modalities, including small molecules, biotherapeutics, nucleic acid therapeutics, and gene therapy is highly desirable.
- Experience working on cellular models of diverse age-related conditions is desirable, including metabolic, musculoskeletal, immune-related as well as cardiovascular and neurodegenerative diseases.
- Strong experience in the field of aging/rejuvenation biology.
The salary for the Director level is: $260,950 - $353,050. Exact compensation may vary based on skills, experience, and location.
What We Want You To Know
We are a culture of collaboration and scientific freedom, and we believe in the values of diversity, inclusion and belonging to inspire innovation.
Altos Labs provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Altos currently requires all employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, subject to legally required exemptions (e.g., due to a medical condition or sincerely-held religious belief).
Thank you for your interest in Altos Labs where we strive for a culture of scientific freedom, learning, and belonging.
Note: Altos Labs will not ask you to download a messaging app for an interview or outlay your own money to get started as an employee. If this sounds like your interaction with people claiming to be with Altos, it is not legitimate and has nothing to do with Altos. Learn more about a common job scam at https://www.linkedin.com/pulse/how-spot-avoid-online-job-scams-biron-clark/