Director, In Vivo Sciences
To restore cell health and resilience through cellular rejuvenation programming to reverse disease, injury, and the disabilities that can occur throughout life.
Diversity at Altos
We believe that diverse perspectives are foundational to scientific innovation and inquiry.
We are building a company where exceptional scientists and industry leaders from around the world work side by side to advance a shared mission.
Our intentional focus is on Belonging, so that all employees know that they are valued for their unique perspectives.
At Altos, we are all accountable for sustaining a diverse and inclusive environment.
What You Will Contribute To Altos
An exciting opportunity is available for a Director to join the In Vivo Pharmacology & Biomarker Discovery team of the Institute of Medicine (IOM) at Altos Labs. We are seeking a highly experienced and talented Director of In Vivo Sciences to conceptualize and lead our in vivo preclinical research supporting portfolio progression. The successful candidate will be responsible for building and executing innovative and impactful research strategies and plans, enabling generation of decisional data-packages in support of the advancement of our therapeutic programs. This role requires strong leadership skills, extensive knowledge of in vivo research methodologies, and a track record of successful scientific impact in the biotechnology or pharmaceutical industry.
- Conceptualize and develop innovative research strategies and plans for in vivo preclinical studies and ex vivo analysis that align with the company's therapeutic portfolio and goals.
- Provide strong leadership and guidance to the in vivo sciences team and members of the Institutes of Science, fostering a collaborative and high-performing research environment.
- Build, manage and train a team of scientists to support preclinical research across projects of the portfolio
- Oversee the design, implementation, and execution of in vivo studies and ex vivo analysis, ensuring they are conducted with high scientific rigor and adherence to ethical standards.
- Analyze and interpret data, drawing meaningful conclusions and providing scientific insights to support decision-making processes.
- Build innovative approaches to discover pharmacodynamic and age-related biomarkers
- Foster effective collaboration with internal teams, external partners, and key stakeholders to ensure alignment of research objectives and facilitate knowledge sharing.
- Stay abreast of the latest advancements in in vivo/ex vivo research methodologies, technologies, and industry trends. Apply scientific expertise to identify and implement innovative approaches that enhance the quality and impact of in vivo studies.
- Create and foster strong partnerships with groups at the Institutes of Science
- Contributes to a team culture that promotes continuous improvement, excellence, ownership, curiosity, and inclusion
Who You Are
- PhD in a relevant scientific discipline (e.g., biology, physiology, immunology, etc) with a minimum of 10 years of industry experience in leading in vivo research in a drug discovery and development setting
- Strong technical expertise in study design methodologies, a wide range of in vivo models and in vivo/ex vivo techniques
- A strategic thinker with the ability to analyze possibilities, evaluate benefit/ risks and think of mitigation approaches and solutions
- Strong leadership and management skills, including experience in building, leading and developing scientific teams.
- Strong communication skills, with the ability to effectively collaborate with cross-functional teams and external partners.
- Demonstrated ability to stay updated with the latest advancements and trends in in vivo research.
- 3Rs-centered, welfare-oriented approach to animal-based research
- Experience working across diverse therapeutic modalities, including small molecules, biotherapeutics, nucleic acid therapeutics, and gene therapy is highly desirable
- Experience working on models of diverse age-related conditions is desirable, including metabolic, musculoskeletal, immune system disorders as well as cardiovascular and neurodegenerative diseases
- Experience contributing to pharmacology sections for applications to regulatory agencies (e.g., IND filing to FDA) is desirable
The salary for the Director level is: $260,950 - $353,050. Exact compensation may vary based on skills, experience, and location.
What We Want You To Know
We are a culture of collaboration and scientific freedom, and we believe in the values of diversity, inclusion and belonging to inspire innovation.
Altos Labs provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Altos currently requires all employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, subject to legally required exemptions (e.g., due to a medical condition or sincerely-held religious belief).
Thank you for your interest in Altos Labs where we strive for a culture of scientific freedom, learning, and belonging.
Note: Altos Labs will not ask you to download a messaging app for an interview or outlay your own money to get started as an employee. If this sounds like your interaction with people claiming to be with Altos, it is not legitimate and has nothing to do with Altos. Learn more about a common job scam at https://www.linkedin.com/pulse/how-spot-avoid-online-job-scams-biron-clark/