Research Associate / Senior Research Associate, Scientific Operations
To restore cell health and resilience through cellular rejuvenation programming to reverse disease, injury, and the disabilities that can occur throughout life.
Diversity at Altos
We believe that diverse perspectives are foundational to scientific innovation and inquiry.
We are building a company where exceptional scientists and industry leaders from around the world work side by side to advance a shared mission.
Our intentional focus is on Belonging, so that all employees know that they are valued for their unique perspectives.
At Altos, we are all accountable for sustaining a diverse and inclusive environment.
What You Will Contribute To Altos
Reporting to the Director of Cell Models and Foundry (Sci Ops), the Lab Support RA/SRA is a key position that provides technical support management of shared scientific lab resources for the Altos Labs, Bay Area Institutes of Science and Medicine. As well as supporting the overall mission of Altos Labs through partnership with the Scientific Operations and Science Integration, Innovation and Insights teams.
Role and Responsibilities:
- Provide lab and hub support under direction of supervisor
- Support preparation of standard and custom solutions and buffers, cell growth media and plates for microbial growth on request
- Support distribution of Altos reagents to Altos researchers
- Manage plasmid requests and perform hands-on work to provide stocks of requested plasmids
- Support team with management of cell culture facility including waste removal and periodic maintenance/cleaning of equipment
- Order items through Altos Purchasing system as needed and assist with package deliveries and storage of temperature-sensitive items
- Create/update work instructions and SOP documents as necessary
- Provide technical back-up support for cell modeling and flow cytometry hubs as needed
- Identify opportunities for process improvement
- Comply to the safety standards to ensure a safe and healthy work environment
- Other duties as assigned based on experience
Who You Are
Skills and Experience:
- 5+ years hands-on experience working in a wet lab supporting scientists at all levels.
- Experience in preparing standard and custom cell growth media, buffers, nutrient plates for microbial growth and other lab reagents
- Basic molecular biology and flow cytometry experience preferred
- Experience in maintaining a safe lab working environment
- Experience/aptitude for learning software-based workflows for lab management
- Must be flexible and adaptable with work schedules and performing tasks
- Excellent communicator and highly organized
- Strong, collaborative team player, with demonstrated ability to work well in a team environment.
- Ability to coordinate and manage multiple projects in a complex environment
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and willingness to cross-train in multiple areas.
- Strong computer skills including familiarity with relevant software (Excel, Word, Benchling) a plus.
- Must be able to lift 50 lbs
- This position requires the individual to be ready to start work on-time daily
Salary range: Research Associate I, 83,300-112,700; Research Associate II, 97,750-132,250; Senior Research Associate, 109,650-148,350
What We Want You To Know
We are a culture of collaboration and scientific freedom, and we believe in the values of diversity, inclusion and belonging to inspire innovation.
Altos Labs provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Altos currently requires all employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, subject to legally required exemptions (e.g., due to a medical condition or sincerely-held religious belief).
Thank you for your interest in Altos Labs where we strive for a culture of scientific freedom, learning, and belonging.
Note: Altos Labs will not ask you to download a messaging app for an interview or outlay your own money to get started as an employee. If this sounds like your interaction with people claiming to be with Altos, it is not legitimate and has nothing to do with Altos. Learn more about a common job scam at https://www.linkedin.com/pulse/how-spot-avoid-online-job-scams-biron-clark/