Manager / Senior Manager, Drug Discovery Development Sciences Operations
To restore cell health and resilience through cellular rejuvenation programming to reverse disease, injury, and the disabilities that can occur throughout life.
For more information, see our website at altoslabs.com.
Diversity at Altos
We believe that diverse perspectives are foundational to scientific innovation and inquiry.
We are building a company where exceptional scientists and industry leaders from around the world work side by side to advance a shared mission.
Our intentional focus is on Belonging, so that all employees know that they are valued for their unique perspectives.
At Altos, we are all accountable for sustaining a diverse and inclusive environment.
What You Will Contribute To Altos
An exciting opportunity is available for a talented Manager or Senior Manager to join the Institute of Medicine (IOM) Drug Discovery and Development Sciences team at Altos Labs.
We are seeking highly motivated, very well-organized, and collaborative individuals who are passionate and dedicated to employing their expertise to restore cell health and resilience and reverse disease. This position will be part of a multidisciplinary team within the IOM to develop novel therapeutic projects and pipelines at Altos. The candidate will work in a highly dynamic and cross-functional environment that requires collaboration with the Institutes of Science. The successful candidate will have strong task management and organizational skills, an analytical mindset, and a demonstrated track record in managing discovery and/or translational nonclinical operations in the biotechnology or pharmaceutical industry.
- Operationalize diverse needs in the Drug Discovery and Development Sciences organization, and create effective workflows to enable efficiencies in the daily operation of the organization.
- Operationalize and manage shipping/receiving of reagents and materials, including obtaining necessary permits for biosamples.
- Operationalize legal agreements, and payment processes for consultants and vendors.
- Oversee relevant aspects of laboratory construction, and serve as a conduit between architects, facilities operators and laboratory scientists.
- Assist with lab equipment purchases, including obtaining quotes; keep track of service contracts, organize service and manage payments.
- Think strategically about operational metrics and build dashboards to assess and communicate on progress, obstacles and areas of improvements
- Assist with budget planning and tracking for the different Drug Discovery and Development Sciences functions.
- Contribute to resource and budget management to meet organizational and program goals.
- Create and foster strong partnerships with groups at the Institutes of Science.
- Contribute to a team culture that promotes continuous improvement, ownership, professional growth, and inclusion
Who You Are
- Life sciences degree (PhD, MS, BS), with a minimum of 5 years of industry experience in nonclinical operations and/or laboratory management
- Ability to identify and solve problems and clear bottlenecks in existing processes
- Clear and influential communicator; highly collaborative
- Strong organizational skills and a proven track record of identifying where streamlining operational efficiencies can be employed.
- Experience working in highly dynamic and growing organizations regarded as a plus
Salary Range: Manager: $181,050-$244,950; Senior Manager: $211,650 - $286,350
Exact compensation may vary based on skills, experience, and location.
What We Want You To Know
We are a culture of collaboration and scientific freedom, and we believe in the values of diversity, inclusion and belonging to inspire innovation.
Altos Labs provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Altos currently requires all employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, subject to legally required exemptions (e.g., due to a medical condition or sincerely-held religious belief).
Thank you for your interest in Altos Labs where we strive for a culture of scientific freedom, learning, and belonging.
Note: Altos Labs will not ask you to download a messaging app for an interview or outlay your own money to get started as an employee. If this sounds like your interaction with people claiming to be with Altos, it is not legitimate and has nothing to do with Altos. Learn more about a common job scam at https://www.linkedin.com/pulse/how-spot-avoid-online-job-scams-biron-clark/