Director Development Sciences Operations
To restore cell health and resilience through cellular rejuvenation programming to reverse disease, injury, and the disabilities that can occur throughout life.
Diversity at Altos
We believe that diverse perspectives are foundational to scientific innovation and inquiry.
We are building a company where exceptional scientists and industry leaders from around the world work side by side to advance a shared mission.
Our intentional focus is on Belonging, so that all employees know that they are valued for their unique perspectives.
At Altos, we are all accountable for sustaining a diverse and inclusive environment.
What You Will Contribute To Altos
An exciting opportunity is available for a talented Director to join the Institute of Medicine (IOM) Development Sciences team at Altos Labs.
We are seeking very highly motivated, creative, and collaborative individuals who are passionate and dedicated to employing their expertise to restore cell health and resilience and reverse disease. This position will be part of a multidisciplinary team within the IOM to develop novel therapeutic projects and pipelines at Altos. The candidate will work in a highly dynamic and cross-functional environment that requires collaboration with the Institutes of Science and may span multiple therapeutic areas and therapeutic modalities. The successful candidate will have strong scientific training, be adept with working with traditional and non-traditional therapeutic modalities, and a demonstrated track record of leading Development Sciences Operations groups in the biotechnology or pharmaceutical industry.
- Serves as a member on the Development Sciences Leadership Team (LT), organizing the LT’s strategies into action by setting meeting agendas, facilitating, and documenting the teams activities, actions, and decisions.
- Contributes to resource management and budget management to meet organizational and program goals.
- Develop and implement Nonclinical Operations strategies and build infrastructure to support discovery and development programs using internal resources and CROs.
- Recruit nonclinical operations experts and build a team to support pharmacology, medicinal chemistry, toxicology, and DMPK, as needed, to ensure delivery of high-quality data packages in support of target qualification through to regulatory filings
- Work closely with toxicologists and pathologists to design safety studies and work closely with CROs to monitor these studies.
- Establish an outsourcing strategy for DMPK, pharmacology, and Toxicology studies to support Altos’ pipeline of therapeutics.
- Assess needs for creating IT infrastructure to conduct internal studies and to support regulatory filings.
- Create and foster strong partnerships with groups at the Institutes of Science to enable decision making for further development of targets.
- Contributes to a team culture that promotes continuous improvement, ownership, professional growth, and inclusion
Who You Are
- Life sciences degree (PhD, MS), with a minimum of 10+ years of industry experience in nonclinical operations
- Knowledge/experience of CRO workflows including in life study conduct and procedures, protocol best practices and report coordination including knowledge of analytical chemistry, bioanalytical assays, DMPK.
- Familiarity with Good Laboratory Practices
- Very strong organizational skills and a proven track record in the ability to identify needs where streamlining operational efficiencies can be employed.
- 3Rs-centered, welfare-oriented approach to animal-based research
- A critical thinker with the ability to analyze possibilities and solutions and make pragmatic trade-off
- Clear and influential communicator: exceptional influencing skills that demonstrate strong thought partnership and create effective relationships with internal and external groups and individuals
- Experience working across diverse therapeutic modalities, including small molecules, biotherapeutics, nucleic acid therapeutics, and gene therapy is highly desirable
The salary for the Director level is: $264,350 - $357,650
What We Want You To Know
We are a culture of collaboration and scientific freedom, and we believe in the values of diversity, inclusion and belonging to inspire innovation.
Altos Labs provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Altos currently requires all employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, subject to legally required exemptions (e.g., due to a medical condition or sincerely-held religious belief).
Thank you for your interest in Altos Labs where we strive for a culture of scientific freedom, learning, and belonging.
Note: Altos Labs will not ask you to download a messaging app for an interview or outlay your own money to get started as an employee. If this sounds like your interaction with people claiming to be with Altos, it is not legitimate and has nothing to do with Altos. Learn more about a common job scam at https://www.linkedin.com/pulse/how-spot-avoid-online-job-scams-biron-clark/