To restore cell health and resilience through cellular rejuvenation programming to reverse disease, injury, and the disabilities that can occur throughout life.
Diversity at Altos
We believe that diverse perspectives are foundational to scientific innovation and inquiry.
We are building a company where exceptional scientists and industry leaders from around the world work side by side to advance a shared mission.
Our intentional focus is on Belonging, so that all employees know that they are valued for their unique perspectives.
At Altos, we are all accountable for sustaining a diverse and inclusive environment.
What You Will Contribute To Altos
An exciting opportunity is available for a talented Director to join the Institute of Medicine (IOM) Development Sciences team at Altos Labs.
We are seeking very highly motivated, creative, and collaborative individuals who are passionate and dedicated to employing their expertise to restore cell health and resilience and reverse disease. This position will be part of a multidisciplinary team within the IOM to develop novel therapeutic projects and pipelines at Altos. The candidate will work in a highly dynamic and cross-functional environment that requires collaboration with the Institutes of Science and may span multiple therapeutic areas and therapeutic modalities. The successful candidate will have strong scientific training, be adept with working with traditional and non-traditional therapeutic modalities, and a demonstrated track record of leading Pathology workstreams in the biotechnology or pharmaceutical industry.
- Develop and implement Pathology strategies and build infrastructure to support discovery and development programs using internal resources and CROs
- Work closely with laboratories in the Institutes of Science to understand and derisk the safety of targets early on
- Work closely with In Vivo Pharmacology function and Toxicology function to characterize safety and mechanisms of toxicity
- Work closely with CROs to coordinate and manage external toxicology studies
- Contribute to the design of in-vivo studies and provide histopathological examination, interpretation and reporting of toxicology studies
- Serve as project pathologist, providing pathology peer review for toxicology studies and expert pathology advice to study directors, study monitors, and teams
- Apply digital pathology platforms and oversee work on molecular pathology in conjunction with histology scientists
- Contribute to the cross-functional review of regulatory documents and author and review Toxicology sections for relevant regulatory documents
- Create and foster strong partnerships with groups at the Institutes of Science
- Contributes to a team culture that promotes continuous improvement, ownership, professional growth, and inclusion
Who You Are
- PhD in Pathology or closely related discipline, or Doctor of Veterinary Medicine (DVM)
- Board certification in Veterinary Pathology (ACVP, ECVP, or equivalent)
- Minimum of 10+ years of industry experience in Pathology
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively with drug discovery and development teams
- Strong scientific aptitude and ability to implement investigative strategies to elucidate mechanisms of toxicity as needed
- 3Rs-centered, welfare-oriented approach to animal-based research
- A critical thinker with the ability to analyze possibilities and solutions and make pragmatic trade-off
- Clear and influential communicator: exceptional influencing skills that demonstrate strong thought partnership and create effective relationships with internal and external groups and individuals
- Experience working across diverse therapeutic modalities, including small molecules, biotherapeutics, nucleic acid therapeutics, and gene therapy is highly desirable
The salary for the Director level is: $297,500- $402,500.
What We Want You To Know
We are a culture of collaboration and scientific freedom, and we believe in the values of diversity, inclusion and belonging to inspire innovation.
Altos Labs provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Altos currently requires all employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, subject to legally required exemptions (e.g., due to a medical condition or sincerely-held religious belief).
Thank you for your interest in Altos Labs where we strive for a culture of scientific freedom, learning, and belonging.
Note: Altos Labs will not ask you to download a messaging app for an interview or outlay your own money to get started as an employee. If this sounds like your interaction with people claiming to be with Altos, it is not legitimate and has nothing to do with Altos. Learn more about a common job scam at https://www.linkedin.com/pulse/how-spot-avoid-online-job-scams-biron-clark/