Software Engineering Manager
Posted on Friday, January 26, 2024
At airSlate, our journey began in Boston, USA, in 2008. What started as a single product with 3,000 customers has grown into an influential tech company with 1000+ team members across six offices worldwide. In 2022, airSlate reached a total valuation of $1.25 billion and became a 'Unicorn 🦄'. But even as we scale, team members remain our most valuable asset. That's why we've built a company that excites people about their work.
We develop products that serve over 100 million users with no-code workflow automation, electronic signature, and document management solutions. The company's portfolio of award-winning products, signNow, pdfFiller, DocHub, WorkFlow, Instapage, and US Legal Forms, empower teams to digitally transform the way their organizations run.
We are a passionate and ambitious team of 100+ people on a mission to create rich customer experiences by automating their entire documentation lifecycle with a powerful all-in-one solution – WorkFlow.
WorkFlow enables businesses to create powerful documents and automate document processes. From simple tasks like editing PDFs and creating forms to eSigning, WorkFlow is everything you need to create, integrate, and automate your documents.
- Full responsibility for the development team
- Full responsibility development process
- Planning and owning tactical and strategic tasks for the teams
- Conducting regular syncs with POs
- Informing stakeholders about breaking system changes
- Co-lead Theme/Initiative decomposition into Epics that meet DoR (delegation, ownership and participation)
- Ownership delivery alongside PM, PO and Leads
- Brainstorm potential solutions with the team
- Active participation in product backlog planning
- Knowing current development statuses
- Participating in architectural reviews
- Responsible for scalability, security, speed and product performance
- Co-manage team's architectural budget
- Impacts team's KPIs
- Ownership of block’s OKRs
- Regular one-to-one meetings with the team
- Knowledge sharing in the technical and domain area
- Participation in annual technical reviews
- Help sync work between departments (including DevOps, Security, etc)
- Assignment (approvement) of bonuses
- 4+ years of relevant work experience in management experience
- 5+ years of experience in development/architect experience
- Coding experience in PHP, Node.js, Python, Java, C# or Go
- Understanding of SOA principles and Web Services technologies (REST, GraphQL)
- Comfortable working synchronously, asynchronously, and in distributed remote teams
- Experience with owning the Software Development Lifecycle – agile and waterfall, which to use and when
- Solid leadership abilities and comfortable working on multi-component complex systems and with various stakeholders to ensure adoption/impact
- Good experience with Scrum, Kanban, CI/CD, TDD, Pair Programming, and other Agile software development practices
- Passionate about software quality and improving the design/development process
- Ability to develop a clear vision and communicate it effectively and inspiringly to their team
- Skillful monitoring team's progress and ensuring teams stay on track using key performance indicators, or KPIs
- Experience growing and managing multi-team organizations
- Experience using cloud platforms like AWS or Azure
- Experience with container solutions such as Kubernetes and Docker
- Experience with development in a large-scale distributed systems environment such as large-scale web infrastructure, database replication, high availability
What we offer:
— Flexible work environment — We value the advantages of in-person collaboration and prioritize work from our offices in Wroclaw or Bialystok. However, we also provide flexible work arrangements to accommodate remote or hybrid options and flexible scheduling.
— Professional growth opportunities — We are committed to ongoing improvement and welcome those passionate about learning. We cover professional development courses, conferences, literature, English classes, and more for each team member.
— Health and well-being — We prioritize the health and well-being of our team. This is why we provide a Luxmed subscription, a multisport card for every team member, access to the office's massage room, free lunches, and healthy in-office snacks to sustain your energy.
— Bonuses and compensation — On top of a competitive base salary, our team members are eligible for monthly performance bonuses of up to 10%, determined by their achievements, time commitment, and dedication.
— Stock options — At airSlate, our team members are more than employees; they're business partners. We issue stock options that grant ownership in the company, allowing everyone to share in its growth.
— Open communication — We encourage transparent communication from all team members at airSlate. Feel free to share your thoughts, ideas, and concerns with our management team, CEO, any member of our leadership team, or any team lead at any time.
We are proud of:
— airSlate Care for Ukraine — With a significant number of our team members in Ukraine, our foremost concern was ensuring their safety by providing both financial and logistical assistance to them and their families. What started as an immediate response has evolved into a cornerstone of the airSlate charity program. We match donations contributed by our team members, offer humanitarian aid to those affected by the conflict, distribute food packages to seniors, and support animal shelters. Our commitment remains steadfast in working towards restoring peace to Ukraine.
— airSlate Junior Club — Our sense of family extends beyond our team. All team members with children gain access to the airSlate Junior Club, featuring engaging events such as cooking classes, creative activities, and educational online games.
It is airSlate's policy to comply with all applicable equal employment opportunity laws by making all employment decisions without unlawful regard or consideration of any individual’s race, religion, ethnicity, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expressions, transgender status, sexual and other reproductive health decisions, marital status, age, national origin, genetic information, ancestry, citizenship, physical or mental disability, veteran or family status or any other basis protected by applicable national, federal, state, provincial or local law. airSlate's policy prohibits unlawful discrimination based on any of these impermissible bases, as well as any bases or grounds protected by applicable law in each jurisdiction. If you need assistance or an accommodation during the application process because of a disability, it is available upon request. airSlate is pleased to provide such assistance and no applicant will be penalised as a result of such a request. Pursuant to relevant law, where applicable, airSlate will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Read our Recruitment Privacy Notice to Learn how we process your personal information.