Posted on Wednesday, September 27, 2023
At airSlate, our journey began in Boston, USA, in 2008. What started as a single product with 3,000 customers has grown into an influential tech company with 1000+ team members across six offices worldwide. In 2022, airSlate reached a total valuation of $1.25 billion and became a 'Unicorn 🦄'. But even as we scale, team members remain our most valuable asset. That's why we've built a company that excites people about their work.
We develop products that serve over 100 million users with no-code workflow automation, electronic signature, and document management solutions. The company's portfolio of award-winning products, signNow, pdfFiller, DocHub, airSlate, and US Legal Forms, empower teams to transform how their organizations run digitally.
About Legal team:
Our Legal team comprises a group of 5 highly skilled professionals who are handling diverse matters, including corporate, HR, commercial, privacy, and intellectual property matters.
And now, we are looking for a Legal Counsel who is prepared to contribute to the next chapter of our company's growth.
In this position, you will be a part of a global legal team working for a fast-growing US-based IT company. You will draft and negotiate a wide variety of agreements and work on projects supporting the product development teams. The position will be based in Ukraine (preferably in Kyiv).
You will get experience working with
- Provide legal support for product development teams including inbound commercial licenses, open source, and product readiness.
- Provide legal support for the corporate, HR, tax, and other administrative operations in our Kyiv office.
- Review, draft, negotiate, approve, and close a broad variety of agreements within the Legal team worldwide, including confidentiality agreements, procurement services agreements, professional services agreements, and other various related actions for the support of these transactions.
- Review and refine standard templates for recurring commercial transactions in support of the procurement and channel and direct sales teams. Collaborate with sales, finance, privacy, and compliance, as necessary, to support revenue and process transactions in accordance with corporate policies.
- Coordinate between procurement, marketing, sales, finance, engineering, and other business functions, as necessary, to address corporate policies/processes and legal issues as they arise.
- Assist with special project assignments, e.g. localization/translation, legal operations, compliance, IPR, and corporate projects as needed and other duties as requested.
What we expect from you
- A Masters Law degree from a reputable Ukrainian university. Legal degrees in other countries (such as an LL.M. degree) are a plus.
- English language skills (including writing and speaking) must be advanced (C1 or higher under the CEFR Global Scale).
- 1+ years’ minimum experience with IT companies, reputable law firms, or Big Four.
- Good knowledge of civil, corporate, commercial, and IP law.
- The candidate must have demonstrated attention to detail and have a positive, problem-solving, business-focused attitude with good judgment and be able to prioritize workload in a fast-paced environment.
- The candidate must be a team player and also able to self-start and work independently.
- Relevant experience handling commercial contracts, preferably for an international technology company is an asset.
- The ideal candidate should have knowledge of legal processes and terminology and must be able to conduct comprehensive legal research.
- The candidate must possess the ability to compose correspondence and draft legal documents in English, Ukrainian, and Russian in an organized manner and in a clear language.
- Interpersonal skills must include excellent oral and written communication skills in English, Ukrainian, and Russian and a focus on customer service.
With us, you will grow professionally by doing work you are proud of and collaborate with a motivated and diverse team🚀.
What we offer:
— Flexible work environment — We value the advantages of in-person collaboration and prioritize work from our offices in Kyiv and Lviv. However, we also provide flexible work arrangements to accommodate remote or hybrid options and flexible scheduling.
— Professional growth opportunities — We are committed to ongoing improvement and welcome those passionate about learning. We cover professional development courses, conferences, literature, English classes, and more for each team member.
— Health and well-being — Our team members' health and well-being matter. We offer an in-office gym, massages, complimentary lunches, and nourishing snacks to keep you energized throughout the day. Furthermore, we cover 100% of your health insurance.
— Bonuses and compensation — On top of a competitive base salary, our team members are eligible for monthly performance bonuses of up to 10%, determined by their achievements, time commitment, and dedication.
— Stock options — At airSlate, our team members are more than employees; they're business partners. We issue stock options that grant ownership in the company, allowing everyone to share in its growth.
— Open communication — We encourage transparent communication from all team members at airSlate. Feel free to share your thoughts, ideas, and concerns with our management team, CEO, any member of our leadership team, or any team lead at any time.
We are proud of:
— airSlate Care for Ukraine — With a significant number of our team members in Ukraine, our foremost concern was ensuring their safety by providing both financial and logistical assistance to them and their families. What started as an immediate response has evolved into a cornerstone of the airSlate charity program. We match donations contributed by our team members, offer humanitarian aid to those affected by the conflict, distribute food packages to seniors, and support animal shelters. Our commitment remains steadfast in working towards restoring peace to Ukraine.
— airSlate Junior Club — Our sense of family extends beyond our team. All team members with children gain access to the airSlate Junior Club, featuring engaging events such as cooking classes, creative activities, and educational online games.
It is airSlate's policy to comply with all applicable equal employment opportunity laws by making all employment decisions without unlawful regard or consideration of any individual’s race, religion, ethnicity, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expressions, transgender status, sexual and other reproductive health decisions, marital status, age, national origin, genetic information, ancestry, citizenship, physical or mental disability, veteran or family status or any other basis protected by applicable national, federal, state, provincial or local law. airSlate's policy prohibits unlawful discrimination based on any of these impermissible bases, as well as any bases or grounds protected by applicable law in each jurisdiction. If you need assistance or an accommodation during the application process because of a disability, it is available upon request. airSlate is pleased to provide such assistance and no applicant will be penalised as a result of such a request. Pursuant to relevant law, where applicable, airSlate will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Read our Recruitment Privacy Notice to Learn how we process your personal information.