Staff Frontend Engineer, Tax Experience
Airbnb was born in 2007 when two Hosts welcomed three guests to their San Francisco home, and has since grown to over 4 million Hosts who have welcomed more than 1 billion guest arrivals in almost every country across the globe. Every day, Hosts offer unique stays and experiences that make it possible for guests to connect with communities in a more authentic way.
The Community You Will Join:
As Airbnb fosters Connection and Belonging all around the globe, Hosts earning money on the platform and Airbnb itself are faced with an increasingly complex and ever evolving landscape of tax regulation.The Tax Experience team protects billions of dollars of Airbnb and its Hosts’ money with in-product experiences that make compliance as frictionless as possible. We are just getting started! As Airbnb grows, so too will our charter.
The Difference You Will Make:
As a Staff Engineer on a team of seasoned veterans in software engineering, you will be a technical lead on our most critical initiatives, often engaging with partners well outside of your direct team. Your ingenuity and technical expertise combined with your leadership abilities will act as a force multiplier on those you work with.
With you, we’ll pioneer ways to drive better outcomes for Airbnb and its Hosts with speed, accuracy, and completeness.
A Typical Day:
- Working closely with cross functional teams including design, product, data, legal, and more to execute on our mission
- Envision and iterate on new ideas that will enable us to build products that can quickly adapt to the often amorphous world of tax
- Work side by side with your core team, deep in the weeds of the code for services your team owns and operates
- 9+ years relevant experience as software engineer, with a high degree of expertise in technologies such as React, TypeScript, GraphQL, SDUI, etc.
- Proficient at architecting, building, launching, and operating complex software
- Have frequently operated as Technical Lead on projects that are mission critical and carry a high degree of risk
- Great at collaborating and influencing technical direction on aspects not directly within your control
- Able to communicate well with a wide variety of cross functional partners such as Legal, Customer Support, Experience Design, etc.
- Skilled at navigating initiatives with requirements that can be difficult to interpret or may change materially
- Able to contribute to the enrichment of the general engineering culture of the wider organization
- Experience with Global Tax or related regulatory/compliance domains highly desirable
This position is US - Remote Eligible. The role may include occasional work at an Airbnb office or attendance at offsites, as agreed to with your manager. While the position is Remote Eligible, you must live in a state where Airbnb, Inc. has a registered entity. Click here for the up-to-date list of excluded states. This list is continuously evolving, so please check back with us if the state you live in is on the exclusion list. If your position is employed by another Airbnb entity, your recruiter will inform you what states you are eligible to work from.
Our Commitment To Inclusion & Belonging:
Airbnb is committed to working with the broadest talent pool possible. We believe diverse ideas foster innovation and engagement, and allow us to attract creatively-led people, and to develop the best products, services and solutions. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply.
We strive to also provide a disability inclusive application and interview process. If you are a candidate with a disability and require reasonable accommodation in order to submit an application, please contact us at: firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include your full name, the role you’re applying for and the accommodation necessary to assist you with the recruiting process.
We ask that you only reach out to us if you are a candidate whose disability prevents you from being able to complete our online application.
How We'll Take Care of You:
Our job titles may span more than one career level. The actual base pay is dependent upon many factors, such as: training, transferable skills, work experience, business needs and market demands. The base pay range is subject to change and may be modified in the future. This role may also be eligible for bonus, equity, benefits, and Employee Travel Credits.