Senior Analyst, Strategic Finance and Analytics, Marketing & Design
Airbnb was born in 2007 when two Hosts welcomed three guests to their San Francisco home, and has since grown to over 4 million Hosts who have welcomed more than 1 billion guest arrivals in almost every country across the globe. Every day, Hosts offer unique stays and experiences that make it possible for guests to connect with communities in a more authentic way.
The Community You Will Join:
The Marketing FP&A, Strategic Finance & Analytics team provides budget oversight, reporting, strategic planning and analytical decision-making support to the global Marketing, Design, Localization and Consumer Insights teams. This team is specifically responsible for owning operating expenses, headcount management, budget management and reporting, monthly forecast and close, controllership and finance process improvement/automation.
The Difference You Will Make:
This role reports into the Principal, Marketing FP&A and will have full ownership of FP&A taks for Performance Marketing, Localization and Design. The role also provides coverage for Brand Marketing and supports overall process enhancements and ad-hoc projects.
A Typical Day:
- Own core finance/budget processes for Performance, Design and Localization Opex and workforce.
- Support weekly, monthly, and quarterly budget and headcount reporting to finance and marketing executives.
- Identify and implement the right reporting and budget metrics to help inform strategic discussions.
- Optimize existing close/forecast processes to improve efficiency and accuracy.
- Enhance world-class processes around purchase orders, budget tracking, variance analysis and reporting.
- Support transition into Oracle planning tool
- 5-7+ years of finance experience with increasing responsibility in supporting large operating expense and headcount budgets
- Experience with directly overseeing marketing budgets desire
- Experience in cross-functional finance (collaborating across accounting, FP&A, Operations, AP, Treasury, Legal, etc)
- Experience working with global teams and global budgets
- Solid understanding of GAAP
- Demonstrated experience in designing, implementing and enhancing excellent processes in a fast-paced environment
- Proactive and creative problem solver
- Exceptional ability to effectively collaborate with and influence business partners, including excellent communication skills (written and verbal)
- Experience with Oracle, Workday
This position is US - Remote Eligible. The role may include occasional work at an Airbnb office or attendance at offsites, as agreed to with your manager. While the position is Remote Eligible, you must live in a state where Airbnb, Inc. has a registered entity. Click here for the up-to-date list of excluded states. This list is continuously evolving, so please check back with us if the state you live in is on the exclusion list. If your position is employed by another Airbnb entity, your recruiter will inform you what states you are eligible to work from.
Our Commitment To Inclusion & Belonging:
Airbnb is committed to working with the broadest talent pool possible. We believe diverse ideas foster innovation and engagement, and allow us to attract creatively-led people, and to develop the best products, services and solutions. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply.
We strive to also provide a disability inclusive application and interview process. If you are a candidate with a disability and require reasonable accommodation in order to submit an application, please contact us at: email@example.com. Please include your full name, the role you’re applying for and the accommodation necessary to assist you with the recruiting process.
We ask that you only reach out to us if you are a candidate whose disability prevents you from being able to complete our online application.
How We'll Take Care of You:
Our job titles may span more than one career level. The actual base pay is dependent upon many factors, such as: training, transferable skills, work experience, business needs and market demands. The base pay range is subject to change and may be modified in the future. This role may also be eligible for bonus, equity, benefits, and Employee Travel Credits.