Public Policy Manager (Thailand)
Airbnb was born in 2007 when two Hosts welcomed three guests to their San Francisco home, and has since grown to over 4 million Hosts who have welcomed more than 1 billion guest arrivals in almost every country across the globe. Every day, Hosts offer unique stays and experiences that make it possible for guests to connect with communities in a more authentic way.
The Community You Will Join:
Airbnb’s Public Policy team embodies the company’s innovative, forward-thinking spirit. At the frontier of the sharing economy, Airbnb is breaking new ground in matters of policy, law, and government relations. Where some see obstacles, we see the opportunity to find creative, practical solutions, right at the cutting edge. Our adventurous, fast-moving Public Policy team is committed to building a team of talented, collaborative and self-motivated professionals across the globe who believe in Airbnb’s mission and leading as a 21st century company.
This role is right for you if you are an experienced political adviser, government relations or public affairs professional, or a public policy expert.
The Difference You Will Make:
You will be responsible for working collaboratively with Government and industry stakeholders to develop and implement fair and sustainable regulations for oversight of the short-term rental accommodation sector. You will also be responsible for working collaboratively with various internal teams to provide key updates and advice on various regulatory and political matters, in addition to driving program implementation and supporting critical projects.
A Typical Day:
- Develop relationships with key contacts across governments, engaging them in meaningful discussions on development and implementation of government policy;
- Monitor government policy developments in the housing, tourism and technology areas;
- Represent Airbnb in meetings and discussions with government officials, ministerial contacts, industry stakeholders or not-for-profit organisations;
- Undertake high-quality research and documentation of important government policies and initiatives;
- Coordinate official responses which best reflect the position of Airbnb and our community of Hosts and guests;
- Develop a variety of written briefing materials, including correspondence, presentations and briefing notes;
- Collaborate with internal stakeholders to analyse or model the commercial impact of government decisions;
- Support internal compliance functions following the implementation of laws or regulations;
- This role will involve regular interstate travel.
- At least 7-10 years experience in a political, policy or other government role. Ideally in developing or implementing government policy. This might include through working in a parliamentary or ministerial office, or through a government department.
- Strong understanding of internal workings of government, including political and parliamentary processes.
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills.
- Exceptional project management skills and experience in working in cross-functional teams.
- Resilience, experience working in a fast-paced environment and capacity to ruthlessly prioritise conflicting tasks.
Our Commitment To Inclusion & Belonging:
Airbnb is committed to working with the broadest talent pool possible. We believe diverse ideas foster innovation and engagement, and allow us to attract creatively-led people, and to develop the best products, services and solutions. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply.