Program Lead, Policy Implementation
Airbnb was born in 2007 when two Hosts welcomed three guests to their San Francisco home, and has since grown to over 4 million Hosts who have welcomed more than 1 billion guest arrivals in almost every country across the globe. Every day, Hosts offer unique stays and experiences that make it possible for guests to connect with communities in a more authentic way.
Airbnb’s Legal Department is a global team that will require working with diverse international colleagues around the world. The successful candidate will be someone who is adaptable, collaborative and embodies Airbnb’s Core Values. Candidates will be required to approach complex legal issues with a balance for local and global perspectives, while being adaptable to cultural differences and nuances. A genuine and demonstrated interest in Airbnb and a commitment to ethics, integrity and fostering a workplace that emphasizes diversity and belonging is a must.
The Community You Will Join
In Community and Commercial Policy (CCP), our mission is to create and evolve principled policies that define the rules of the road for Guests and Hosts across Airbnb. This involves solving some of the most complex challenges of our time. Our work is informed by rigorous research and stakeholder collaboration, and we design policies that can support our community at scale. We team with our cross-functional partners to create accessible policy enforcement guides and to continuously maintain and improve our policies.
The Difference You’ll Make
As the Program Lead for the Community and Commercial Policy team, you will play a leadership role in creating the structure of the policy implementation program and will champion and promote Community and Commercial Policy initiatives across the company. This work will drive the enforcement of the policies accurately and efficiently.
You will bring your strategic thinking, operational rigor, and business acumen to enable the team to do their best work as we embed valuable insights to inform business decisions aimed at addressing customer pain points in the Airbnb community.
You will build strong relationships with collaborators of all seniority levels, leveraging your expert communication skills and ability to facilitate consensus, especially on delicate subject matter with individuals.
You will look for opportunities to create and implement processes, systems and tools that will keep leadership, stakeholders and team members informed of the team’s work, roadmap, challenges and opportunities as the team scales their delivery and services..
Together, we will work towards solving complex, multi-tiered problems in a scalable, sustainable, measurable way with the intention of creating a platform that fosters an equitable, authentic sense of belonging amongst all members of the Airbnb community.
- You are a highly motivated and experienced program lead with policy implementation experience to enable accurate operationalization of our Community and Commercial Policies.
- You are deeply passionate about creating processes and strategies that enable teams to do their best work, and build a shared sense of identity and purpose.
- You enjoy developing scaled systems and processes to drive operational efficiencies and support the business as it grows in size and maturity.
- You are an engaging, motivating, and thoughtful communicator. You’ll play a critical role in ensuring the smooth running of the team and effective communication both internally and cross-functionally.
- You are highly skilled in project and change-management, keeping multiple projects on track simultaneously.
- You build strong, collaborative relationships with team members, partners and stakeholders. You keep everyone informed and aligned on priorities, objectives, projects, risks and opportunities. When working with you, people always feel informed and aligned.
- You are a curious, strategic and data-driven problem solver. You have the ability to execute amid ambiguity, through data-driven prioritization balanced with understanding of impact and relevance to company objectives.
- You’re comfortable in an ambiguous, dynamic and fast-paced organization.
A Typical Day
- Help transform the way we build and execute for our community through stellar project delivery and influencing strategic business decisions.
- Help develop the framework and manage the Community and Commercial Policy team’s overall coordination and planning for policy implementation, to ensure they are comprehensive and aligned with cross-functional expectations. Communicate roadmap and timeline expectations clearly and effectively to all relevant stakeholders.
- Design and operationalize policy implementation in Community and Commercial Policy by proposing and managing critical initiatives through impact and post launch analyses, stakeholder identification, effective communications, planning, and execution.
- Develop and strengthen trusted, collaborative relationships with a wide range of stakeholders, partners and senior leaders; keeping them informed of program strategy, progress, opportunities and changing priorities at all times.
- Ensure that cross-functional stakeholders are regularly engaged and inspired; support their understanding of their/others roles and are brought along in the work of Community and Commercial Policy.
- Work cross-functionally to create and implement robust frameworks, systems, processes and workflows to ensure that Community and Commercial Policy programs are integrated into other teams and their work.
- Support the organization through improvements to our internal product, policy, and operations development processes, with a focus on enabling cross-functional teams.
- 8+ years experience in a program management, implementation, or other relevant role with exposure to policy issues and working closely with global, cross-functional partner teams, especially with operations and product.
- Prior experience implementing policies across operations and customer facing teams.
- The ability to hit the ground running on a growing team, navigate ambiguity and provide structure and clarity quickly in a rapidly changing environment.
- Ability to form strong, lasting, mutually beneficial relationships with team members, stakeholders, cross-functional partners, and senior leadership.
- Strong experience building new team narratives, operational structure, and best practices.
- Strong experience developing, implementing and iterating on robust processes within quickly evolving organizations.
- Excellent program management skills, managing multiple complex projects simultaneously and with multiple stakeholders. Highly organized and effective against time constraints, ambiguity and a changing landscape.
- Demonstrated capacity for strategic, critical thinking and analysis. You are able to maintain a strong attention to detail while also understanding the big picture and the value of both perspectives.
- Strong troubleshooting and problem-solving skills especially with uncharted territory and new concepts.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills. Have an ability to reconcile differing viewpoints and create a compelling story to influence decisions of business leaders and founders. You can adapt your communications to a wide variety of audiences, be they senior leaders requesting concise, exec-level summaries or directly responsible individuals in need of more details and precision.
- Working experience with the product development lifecycle within technology, regulations, and/or industry landscape.
- Management consulting experience
This position is US - Remote Eligible. The role may include occasional work at an Airbnb office or attendance at offsites, as agreed to with your manager. While the position is Remote Eligible, you must live in a state where Airbnb, Inc. has a registered entity. Click here for the up-to-date list of excluded states. This list is continuously evolving, so please check back with us if the state you live in is on the exclusion list. If your position is employed by another Airbnb entity, your recruiter will inform you what states you are eligible to work from.
Our Commitment To Inclusion & Belonging:
Airbnb is committed to working with the broadest talent pool possible. We believe diverse ideas foster innovation and engagement, and allow us to attract creatively-led people, and to develop the best products, services and solutions. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply.
We strive to also provide a disability inclusive application and interview process. If you are a candidate with a disability and require reasonable accommodation in order to submit an application, please contact us at: firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include your full name, the role you’re applying for and the accommodation necessary to assist you with the recruiting process.
We ask that you only reach out to us if you are a candidate whose disability prevents you from being able to complete our online application.
How We'll Take Care of You:
Our job titles may span more than one career level. The actual base pay is dependent upon many factors, such as: training, transferable skills, work experience, business needs and market demands. The base pay range is subject to change and may be modified in the future. This role may also be eligible for bonus, equity, benefits, and Employee Travel Credits.