Senior Staff Engineer, Intelligent Support Platform and Products
Airbnb was born in 2007 when two Hosts welcomed three guests to their San Francisco home, and has since grown to over 4 million Hosts who have welcomed more than 1 billion guest arrivals in almost every country across the globe. Every day, Hosts offer unique stays and experiences that make it possible for guests to connect with communities in a more authentic way.
The Community You Will Join:
The Airbnb Community Support (CS) team is a global business unit that provides support to our Community of millions of guests and hosts who take trips and join experiences around the world every year. Within CS, the Community Support Platform (CSP) team is responsible for the product and technology that enables an intelligent, scalable and exceptional service experience. To accelerate the product and technology development and adopt the Generative AI to transform community support at Airbnb, CSP recently launched project CSxAI. ISPP is the core team building the CSxAI platform with core components and services to empower support product teams in CSP and other Airbnb business units to develop intelligent and personalized community support experiences.
The Difference You Will Make:
As a senior technical individual contributor, you will bring a unique skill set and experience to our organization, lead the architecture and design of the product and experience sub-org in ISPP, and work to solve some of the broader technical challenges within the organization. You will work both on the overall ISPP architecture and future vision for the business, but will also lend expertise to specific teams and deep dive into projects as needed.
A Typical Day:
- Define overall technical architecture for major parts of the Intelligent Support Platform and Product, focusing on the Product and Experience sub-org
- Architect large scale reliable systems to support continuous growth of the business
- Influence the organization, engineering leaders, product managers, and the business to develop a unified approach to Community Support Platform
- Understand how key technical decisions will drive business outcomes
- Perform design and code reviews and advise/mentor other engineers at Airbnb
- Champion the best engineering practices and build the engineering excellence culture in the organization
- 12+ years relevant experience in a fast paced, high growth tech environment
- BS, MS or PhD in CS or related field
- Experience building, leading, and architecting large systems at enterprise scale with a great impact (e.g. including well-designed APIs, applicable user interfaces, high volume data pipelines, efficient algorithms)
- Technical leadership with hands on experience leading project teams and setting technical direction and strategy
- Experience working in a complex, matrixed organization involving cross-functional, and/or cross-business projects
- Strong communication and collaboration skills & ability to lead high-level discussions on technology strategy and approach
This position is US - Remote Eligible. The role may include occasional work at an Airbnb office or attendance at offsites, as agreed to with your manager. While the position is Remote Eligible, you must live in a state where Airbnb, Inc. has a registered entity. Click here for the up-to-date list of excluded states. This list is continuously evolving, so please check back with us if the state you live in is on the exclusion list. If your position is employed by another Airbnb entity, your recruiter will inform you what states you are eligible to work from.
Our Commitment To Inclusion & Belonging:
Airbnb is committed to working with the broadest talent pool possible. We believe diverse ideas foster innovation and engagement, and allow us to attract creatively-led people, and to develop the best products, services and solutions. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply.
We ask that you only reach out to us if you are a candidate whose disability prevents you from being able to complete our online application.
How We'll Take Care of You:
Our job titles may span more than one career level. The actual base pay is dependent upon many factors, such as: training, transferable skills, work experience, business needs and market demands. The base pay range is subject to change and may be modified in the future. This role may also be eligible for bonus, equity, benefits, and Employee Travel Credits.