Lead Advanced Analyst, Digital Products
Airbnb was born in 2007 when two Hosts welcomed three guests to their San Francisco home, and has since grown to over 4 million Hosts who have welcomed more than 1 billion guest arrivals in almost every country across the globe. Every day, Hosts offer unique stays and experiences that make it possible for guests to connect with communities in a more authentic way.
The Community You Will Join:
We are looking for a lead advanced analyst in our Analytics Centre of Excellence who works in the Community Support Digital Analytics team. The analyst must have functional expertise in building analytical solutions and be a trusted partner to our product teams and business leaders, across marketplace teams through providing insights, recommendations, and enabling data driven decisions. This role will sit under the Advanced Analytics family and support product and business leaders within our Community Support Products organization.
The Difference You Will Make:
- Data thought partner to product and business leaders across marketplace teams through providing insights, recommendations, and enabling data informed decisions.
- Drive day to day product analytics and create scalable data tools.
- Build advanced analytical capabilities and tools, leverage Airbnb’s state-of-art machine learning infrastructure, and other central data science tools to build and collaborate with a strong team of engineers, product managers, designers and operation agents to achieve shared, cross-functional goals.
- You have a strong sense of urgency for and commitment to Airbnb’s mission of belonging.
- Develop a deep understanding of how guests and hosts interact with our Digital Support platform and how we can provide a great digital experience to our customers.
A Typical Day:
- Drive the product analytics roadmap, prioritization & delivery of solutions in the Digital Analytics space.
- Drive projects from start to end: building out timelines, key milestones, providing regular updates to product managers, analytics management and delivery against agreed timelines.
- Work closely with product managers and business leads to design, execute and evaluate A/B tests. Understand common pitfalls and caveats of experimentations.
- Build credibility and trust with the team and empower them to answer data questions quickly and easily by building high-quality ground truth data sets and dashboards.
- Collaborate with Product Engineering to spec out logging and with Analytics Engineering to build data tools for mass consumptions within Airbnb.
- Devise business metric frameworks and optimization models to make optimal business decisions that support arguments for Airbnb’s product, operations and policy issues
- Influence data-driven decisions across global sites and business verticals in day-to-day via business reviews, self-serve portal, planning scorecards, and impact analyses among others.
- 8+ years of industry experience and an advanced degree in Business Analytics or other (Masters or PhD is a plus) in a quantitative field (e.g., Statistics, Econometrics, Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics, Data Science, Operations Research).
- Good communication and collaboration skills with the ability to work effectively with internal teams in a cross-cultural and cross-functional environment. Ability to perform rigorous analysis and communicate conclusions to both technical and non-technical audiences.
- Proven track record of delivering full stack data projects from inception to business impact.
- Advanced level proficiency in SQL/NoSQL, programming languages such as Python, R, SAS and Intermediate level knowledge of data foundations and databases like Presto, Hive, Teradata, Spark.
- Familiarity with EDA, hypothesis testing, significance testing, linear regression, logistic regression, SVM, ridge regression, lasso regression, random forest, basic concepts of NLP, KNN, K-Means, A/B testing, multivariate testing, and digital funnel testing.
- Knowledge of BI tools like Tableau or superset to develop reports and dashboards.
- Have a positive and solution-oriented mindset with an ability to maintain confidentiality and objectivity.
- Exceptional problem-solving abilities, self-motivation and ability to work autonomously, strong organizational and time management skills, with the ability to manage multiple priorities and meet deadlines.
- Exposure to travel industry, digital or an eCommerce domain is a plus
Our Commitment To Inclusion & Belonging:
Airbnb is committed to working with the broadest talent pool possible. We believe diverse ideas foster innovation and engagement, and allow us to attract creatively-led people, and to develop the best products, services and solutions. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply.