Senior Engineering Manager - Users, Listings and Marketplace Intelligence
Airbnb was born in 2007 when two Hosts welcomed three guests to their San Francisco home, and has since grown to over 4 million Hosts who have welcomed more than 1 billion guest arrivals in almost every country across the globe. Every day, Hosts offer unique stays and experiences that make it possible for guests to connect with communities in a more authentic way.
The Community You Will Join:
You will be part of the overall Guest and Host organization that is responsible for the Airbnb web and native apps used by hundreds of millions of our guests and hosts. Users, Listings and Marketplaces is a group of passionate machine learning, data and analytics engineers responsible for creating new data products on top of Airbnb’s users, listings, pricing, and supply/demand data for our guests and hosts, sales, and finance.
The Difference You Will Make:
- You will drive Airbnb’s strategy for improving the intelligence of our Guest and Host product and Airbnb marketplace through machine learning.
- You will set priorities, and drive execution of the team, balancing velocity and quality while helping engineers grow.
- Previous data and ML efforts our team has been involved with includes AI Photo Tour and Categories, with lots of exciting product efforts to highlight listing quality and enable Hosts to better manage their listings planned for 2024.
A Typical Day:
- You will be leading 14 engineers and tech leads across Data, Software Engineering, Machine Learning, and Tooling
- This role is highly cross functional, with key stakeholders being with Data Science, Product, and Business stakeholders
- You will also be part of many close knit Airbnb wide communities including Data, Machine Learning, and Marketplaces.
- Partner engineering teams including Host Tools, Pricing, Guest Experience, Trust, Infrastructure, and Customer Service Platform.
- You will drive day to day execution of the work, help the team work through challenges and proactively address blockers.
- You will be working closely with the team to up-level members and help them grow their careers.
- 12+ years of industry experience with 5-7+ years of management experience
- Track record of shipping scalable data and machine learning products to consumers
- Experience setting 2-3 year strategies and roadmaps and alignment with diverse stakeholders.
- Experience building and growing teams quickly in highly dynamic domains, with a strong leadership track record.
- Strong people management skills with a history of helping team members grow.
- Expertise with state of the art computer vision models is a plus.
This position is US - Remote Eligible. The role may include occasional work at an Airbnb office or attendance at offsites, as agreed to with your manager. While the position is Remote Eligible, you must live in a state where Airbnb, Inc. has a registered entity. Click here for the up-to-date list of excluded states. This list is continuously evolving, so please check back with us if the state you live in is on the exclusion list. If your position is employed by another Airbnb entity, your recruiter will inform you what states you are eligible to work from.
Our Commitment To Inclusion & Belonging:
Airbnb is committed to working with the broadest talent pool possible. We believe diverse ideas foster innovation and engagement, and allow us to attract creatively-led people, and to develop the best products, services and solutions. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply.
We ask that you only reach out to us if you are a candidate whose disability prevents you from being able to complete our online application.
How We'll Take Care of You:
Our job titles may span more than one career level. The actual base pay is dependent upon many factors, such as: training, transferable skills, work experience, business needs and market demands. The base pay range is subject to change and may be modified in the future. This role may also be eligible for bonus, equity, benefits, and Employee Travel Credits.