Senior Manager, Technical Education
Airbnb was born in 2007 when two Hosts welcomed three guests to their San Francisco home, and has since grown to over 4 million Hosts who have welcomed more than 1 billion guest arrivals in almost every country across the globe. Every day, Hosts offer unique stays and experiences that make it possible for guests to connect with communities in a more authentic way.
The Team You Will Join
Airbnb’s mission is to create a world where people can Belong Anywhere. As we work to achieve that mission, we’re building world-class learning experiences for our technical teams. We’re looking for an exceptional and creative individual inspired to deliver innovative learning experiences that have tremendous organizational impact.
About the Role
The Senior Manager, Technical Education will lead the team responsible for enabling technical education in the Tech org at Airbnb. The TechEd team delivers bootcamp for new hires, our EngU and DataU programming, our tech lunch ‘n’ learn talks, and our Engineering apprentice program “Connect”. The person leading this team will also support the proliferation of AI skills and advancing analytics enablement.
Our Live And Work Anywhere model presents a tremendous opportunity to shape and reimagine the future of technical education at Airbnb. The ideal candidate is confident in their ability to balance an innovative and creative approach with a steadfast dedication to learning outcomes and impact. We’re looking for an exceptional people manager, experienced with leading a high performing team. Since our programs and initiatives rely heavily on partnership with stakeholders within the Tech org, an ability to build deep relationships is crucial.
A Typical Day:
- Connecting with stakeholders to understand skill gaps and performing needs assessments
- Establishing a vision and strategy for technical education
- Coaching the team and providing feedback on programs and initiatives
- Providing subject matter expertise to team members on learning science and skill acquisition
- Collaborating with others on the Tech L&D team to build and execute high impact programs and initiatives
- Partnering with vendors and consultants to execute the strategy and vision for TechEd
- Amplifying and evangelizing a culture of learning for Tech
- Reporting on learning impact and outcomes to senior leadership
- Collaborating with other Tech L&D members to advance programming and outcomes
- 12+ years of experience guiding strategy and execution for technical education (bootcamps, lunch ‘n’ learns, apprenticeship programs, technical upskilling for practitioners )
- 5+ years experience as a people manager
- Direct technical expertise with coding or data science is a bonus!
- Track record of creative and best in class experience design, commitment to innovation and experimentation
- Demonstrated ability to shape a vision and execute the associated roadmap
- Experience scaling and designing initiatives, processes and tools for an organization of ~3000
- Experience working with vendors and partners to execute a vision
- Comfortable with learning technologies and educational technology
- Lifelong learner, curious about new technologies and best practices in L&D
- Excellent interpersonal skills, including written and verbal communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to build trusted relationships across a diverse range of stakeholders and cross-functional partners
- Data-driven approach to evaluating and measuring learning experiences
- Exceptional understanding of Technology and Engineering organizations and how they operate
This position is US - Remote Eligible. The role may include occasional work at an Airbnb office or attendance at offsites, as agreed to with your manager. While the position is Remote Eligible, you must live in a state where Airbnb, Inc. has a registered entity. Click here for the up-to-date list of excluded states. This list is continuously evolving, so please check back with us if the state you live in is on the exclusion list. If your position is employed by another Airbnb entity, your recruiter will inform you what states you are eligible to work from.
Our Commitment To Inclusion & Belonging:
Airbnb is committed to working with the broadest talent pool possible. We believe diverse ideas foster innovation and engagement, and allow us to attract creatively-led people, and to develop the best products, services and solutions. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply.
We ask that you only reach out to us if you are a candidate whose disability prevents you from being able to complete our online application.
How We'll Take Care of You:
Our job titles may span more than one career level. The actual base pay is dependent upon many factors, such as: training, transferable skills, work experience, business needs and market demands. The base pay range is subject to change and may be modified in the future. This role may also be eligible for bonus, equity, benefits, and Employee Travel Credits.