Senior Lead, Channel Communications
Airbnb was born in 2007 when two Hosts welcomed three guests to their San Francisco home, and has since grown to over 4 million Hosts who have welcomed more than 1 billion guest arrivals in almost every country across the globe. Every day, Hosts offer unique stays and experiences that make it possible for guests to connect with communities in a more authentic way.
The Community You Will Join:
- As the lines between working and living continue to blur, Airbnb’s leadership in the travel industry means we are well-positioned to shape the future of flexible living. Our success as we evolve into a living platform will rely even more heavily on world-class storytelling, media relations and reputation management.
The Difference You Will Make:
- We’re seeking a highly experienced, dynamic operator to help lead a communications team that is building visibility and advancing awareness for the unique experiences and benefits only Airbnb can provide. Proven track record of managing cross-functional teams in order to help us deliver innovative messaging and engagement strategies across the Airbnb Newsroom, owned social, key executive social and influencer channels. This role will be a key player in advancing our communication strategies as consumer media consumption integrates even deeper amongst press, social media and influencer, and will be expected to be highly collaborative with Airbnb’s broader Communications, Marketing and Product teams. The role will report to the Director of Channel Communications.
- The ideal candidate is curious, engaged, positive, detail and solution-oriented–willing and extremely capable of creating clarity from ambiguity. They can effectively find a way to work with everyone through empathy and respect. The world and thus our industry is changing quickly so the ideal candidate will be comfortable with responding quickly, changing course and mobilizing a team to do the same and with great success.
A Typical Day:
- Lead the strategy and execution of strategic communications programs across key channels including the Airbnb Newsroom, Twitter/X, LinkedIn, Instagram, TikTok, and influencer
- Lead development and execution of strategic social programs for key executives
- Assist in operationalizing and mobilizing a multi-expertise and cross-functional team to deliver effective communication strategies and executions across channels mapping to business objectives
- Support creative approvals of channel content
- Manage analyzing effectiveness of content and distribution strategies using preferred tools and platforms
- Support in managing and growing team members
- Lead exploration of emerging channels and platforms and how Airbnb can leverage them for ongoing strategy and execution
- 15+ years of communications experience (ideally a combination of in-house and agency) with significant time spent in social media and influencer engagement
- Experience using social to help elevate executives and business objectives
- Deep understanding of changing press, social and influencer landscape and how to effectively and holistically approach for maximum impact
- Knowledge and experience in building and executing campaigns across Twitter, LinkedIn, Instagram and TikTok and emerging channels like Reddit
- Experience working with influencers and content creators including those in the tech and product innovation space
- Experience in collaborating closely with Marketing teams, reconciling differences in goals, but able to build and execute mutually beneficial and effective social and influencer strategies mapping to business objectives
- Strong writer with attention to detail and experience in crafting highly effective press material and social copy
- Knowledge and experience with creative production processes and workflows
- Experience in managing a multi-faceted team and growing team members
- Business development mindset where communications directly contributes to business objectives
- Positive and collaborative personality and a commitment to ensuring all activities undertaken are as successful as possible
- Extremely capable in independently structuring and managing fast-paced and sometimes complex workflow and priorities
This position is US - Remote Eligible. The role may include occasional work at an Airbnb office or attendance at offsites, as agreed to with your manager. While the position is Remote Eligible, you must live in a state where Airbnb, Inc. has a registered entity. Click here for the up-to-date list of excluded states. This list is continuously evolving, so please check back with us if the state you live in is on the exclusion list. If your position is employed by another Airbnb entity, your recruiter will inform you what states you are eligible to work from.
Our Commitment To Inclusion & Belonging:
Airbnb is committed to working with the broadest talent pool possible. We believe diverse ideas foster innovation and engagement, and allow us to attract creatively-led people, and to develop the best products, services and solutions. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply.
We ask that you only reach out to us if you are a candidate whose disability prevents you from being able to complete our online application.
How We'll Take Care of You:
Our job titles may span more than one career level. The actual base pay is dependent upon many factors, such as: training, transferable skills, work experience, business needs and market demands. The base pay range is subject to change and may be modified in the future. This role may also be eligible for bonus, equity, benefits, and Employee Travel Credits.