Community Growth & Experience Lead
Airbnb was born in 2007 when two Hosts welcomed three guests to their San Francisco home, and has since grown to over 4 million Hosts who have welcomed more than 1 billion guest arrivals in almost every country across the globe. Every day, Hosts offer unique stays and experiences that make it possible for guests to connect with communities in a more authentic way.
The Community You Will Join:
Every day, millions of Airbnb hosts around the world create comfortable, reliable and welcoming stays and Experiences for our guests. Hosting on Airbnb offers a unique way to meet our Hosts’ financial goals but the rewards for opening their home or sharing a passion go beyond their bank account. Hosting also offers the opportunity to impact their local community, share their culture and connect with people they wouldn’t have met otherwise.
Our Hosting organization exists to bring a wider array of diverse Hosts into the Airbnb Community, support their success, earn their trust, and ensure their safety and security. As the world emerges from the COVID-19 pandemic, Airbnb aspires to lead the travel industry with an entirely new form of community-powered travel, where creatively-led design is at the core of our offering. We know that our global community of hosts is one of Airbnb’s most precious assets and we are very intentional on how we nurture the common identity of being an Airbnb Host.
The Difference You Will Make:
The Airbnb Community team is looking for an experienced Community Growth & Experience Lead to lead the Host Clubs growth strategy and user experience.
In this role, you will work closely with and report to the Director of Community Management, and work across the Community Connection, Marketing, Geos and Policy teams.
A Typical Day:
Growth & Strategy
- Develop and execute on the Host Club growth strategy
- Ideate, expand, and optimize entry points to join Host Clubs for existing Hosts, taking into consideration the Host Lifecycle
- Partner with Marketing to launch targeted campaigns to drive member growth
- Own and develop end to end Club member experience and value proposition for Host Clubs
- Revamp and launch new methods to gather feedback from Host Club members and implement program changes accordingly
- Ensure close connective tissue between Host Club member experience and Leader experience
- Partner with Business Development and local geos teams to launch local and global partnerships for Host Club members
- Lead presentations for potential partnerships in person and virtually
- Negotiate contracts through our procurement and legal process
- Interface with external partners at all levels and in varying departments of their organization throughout the deal process
- Senior leader with 10+ years of related work experience, particularly in Consulting, Strategy, Business Development Performance Marketing, or Operations roles
- Track record of leading large scale, high impact, cross-functional efforts and drive projects from ideation to strategy and implementation
- Ability to build a compelling narrative internally and externally
- Highly developed analytical, interpersonal, and verbal/written communication skills
- Experience with leading plan development from beginning to end with little oversight. Must be able to think holistically but also ensure the details are addressed.
- Strategic and authentic relationship builder with the proven ability to lead and influence peers and executives globally
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple work streams and deliverables in a matrixed organization structure
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Experience with SQL, Excel/Google Sheets, Superset is a strong asset
- Creative problem solver. Able to identify real obstacles and viable solutions.
- Outcome-oriented. Not reactionary, articulates the desired outcome and works collaboratively to create a path to achieve it.
This position is US - Remote Eligible. The role may include occasional work at an Airbnb office or attendance at offsites, as agreed to with your manager. While the position is Remote Eligible, you must live in a state where Airbnb, Inc. has a registered entity. Click here for the up-to-date list of excluded states. This list is continuously evolving, so please check back with us if the state you live in is on the exclusion list. If your position is employed by another Airbnb entity, your recruiter will inform you what states you are eligible to work from.
Our Commitment To Inclusion & Belonging:
Airbnb is committed to working with the broadest talent pool possible. We believe diverse ideas foster innovation and engagement, and allow us to attract creatively-led people, and to develop the best products, services and solutions. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply.
We ask that you only reach out to us if you are a candidate whose disability prevents you from being able to complete our online application.
How We'll Take Care of You:
Our job titles may span more than one career level. The actual base pay is dependent upon many factors, such as: training, transferable skills, work experience, business needs and market demands. The base pay range is subject to change and may be modified in the future. This role may also be eligible for bonus, equity, benefits, and Employee Travel Credits.