Legal Intern, Australia
Airbnb was born in 2007 when two Hosts welcomed three guests to their San Francisco home, and has since grown to over 4 million Hosts who have welcomed more than 1 billion guest arrivals in almost every country across the globe. Every day, Hosts offer unique stays and experiences that make it possible for guests to connect with communities in a more authentic way.
The community you will join:
Airbnb is seeking a Legal Intern to join the Legal team supporting the Australia region.
Airbnb’s Legal team embodies the company’s innovative, forward-thinking spirit. At the frontier of the sharing economy, Airbnb is breaking new ground in matters of policy, law, and government relations. Where some see obstacles, we see the opportunity to find creative, practical solutions, right at the cutting edge. Our adventurous, fast-moving legal team is committed to building a team of talented, collaborative and self-motivated legal professionals across the globe who believe in Airbnb’s mission and leading as a 21st century company.
This internship is right for you if you are currently enrolled in a law degree at an accredited law school and have a strong interest in learning about in-house legal practice and working in the tech industry.
The difference you will make:
As an intern, you’ll be integrated into a team where you’ll contribute to challenging projects and assist with a variety of legal tasks. Your manager, team, and our incredible employee community will strive to be superhosts to you during the summer. We provide the support, mentorship, fun, and real world experience needed to accelerate your learning and make a real impact on our product, as Airbnb revolutionises connection, belonging, and travel.
A typical day:
You will assist with various tasks and projects, including:
- Assisting the ANZ legal team to support a variety of legal functions, which may include: marketing, communications, policy, product, privacy, employment, corporate and litigation and disputes
- Legal research and analysis on a range of issues, including using legal databases and online resources to find relevant case law, regulations and commentary
- Attending internal legal meetings and meetings with other business units
- Undertaking legal administrative tasks
- Special projects to be determined based on the team’s needs and the intern’s interests
- Applicants should be enrolled in the first or second year of an undergraduate law degree program at an accredited law school.
- Fluency in English required.
- Intellectually curious, open-minded and adaptable.
- Highly collaborative, with excellent communication and listening skills.
- Adaptable individual possessing high integrity, good judgment, a sense of humor and a love for fun and adventure.
- Work authorisation for employment in Australia is required - visa sponsorship is unavailable.
This position is hybrid/on-site and you must be living in Sydney or, at a minimum, be willing to attend the Sydney office for a 1 week period during the internship and have work authorization for Australia to be eligible. Relocation sponsorship is unavailable for this role.
Our commitment to inclusion & belonging:
In Australia, Airbnb has committed to contribute to reconciliation efforts for Indigenous and First Nations People and come up with this Reconciliation Action Plan (RAP). As part of this RAP, we are embarking on an ongoing journey of reflection to thoughtfully consider how we can play a long-term role in fostering relationships built on mutual trust and respect within the Australian communities we serve.
We ask that you only reach out to us if you are a candidate whose disability prevents you from being able to complete our online application.