Executive Business Partner (Fixed-term contract)
Airbnb was born in 2007 when two Hosts welcomed three guests to their San Francisco home, and has since grown to over 4 million Hosts who have welcomed more than 1 billion guest arrivals in almost every country across the globe. Every day, Hosts offer unique stays and experiences that make it possible for guests to connect with communities in a more authentic way.
Who We Are:
The Administrative Community is composed of global Business Partners who support Airbnb’s leaders and their teams around the world. Our Business Partners bolster Airbnb’s mission to create a world where anyone can belong by:
- Exercising sound judgment and strategy to coordinate core meetings
- Utilising diverse communications methods to execute projects and tasks critical to the business
- Developing, iterating and driving team operations
- Curating meaningful moments through team events and gatherings
- Influencing team culture through leadership and collaboration
Our Business Partners are expected to be self-motivated, incredibly organized, and resourceful, with excellent communication skills, acute attention to detail and follow through, and the ability to thrive in a fast-paced and ever changing environment. It is important that our Business Partners have the ability to interact and manage up with staff at all levels while remaining flexible, proactive and efficient, with a high level of professionalism and confidentiality.
The Administrative Community is a critical partner that is an integral part of the operational success at Airbnb.
The Difference You Will Make:
Airbnb is seeking an Executive Business Partner to support the Managing Director, EMEA & APAC. This is a full time position based in Paris, France. The Executive Business Partner is a strategic leader and requires an ability to interact with staff at all levels in a fast paced environment, sometimes under pressure, while remaining flexible, proactive, resourceful, efficient and demonstrating a high level of professionalism and confidentiality.
With so much going on in so many places, we need an experienced Executive Business Partner to join the team.
A Typical Day:
- Manage all day to day administrative responsibilities for the Managing Director, EMEA & APAC. This includes advanced calendar management, travel and expense management, note-taking, meeting preparation and follow up, report and resource/database maintenance and coordinating office access. Act as a thought partner to the leader to strategically align their calendar with their priorities
- Plan and execute team events, offsites, activities, and recognition
- Assist and/or own content creation including drafting emails and creating presentations
- Manage purchase orders and partner with the leader and finance to track and analyse budget and expenses
- Provide support for project-related work. This includes preparing reports for quarterly business reviews and working with the leader to create onboarding plans for key team members. Additionally, process improvement, participating in strategic organisational activities, managing end-to-end external executive events, managing senior leadership agendas, and partnering with key external stakeholders (e.g. investors, M&A, government officials, strategic vendors)
- Maintain strong partnerships with internal stakeholders such as internal/external comms, talent partners, D&B, FP&A, legal and recruiting for org effectiveness
- Manage and maintain the security of the leader’s email inbox, in compliance with our code of ethics and data privacy, security and protection policies as requested by the Leader
- Represent the organization to internal and external stakeholders
- Act as a mentor for other admins (where applicable). This includes meeting with a mentee on a regular basis and providing guidance and sharing resources to support their growth and development
- Build effective relationships within Airbnb to serve as a catalyst around scheduling and or spontaneous inquiries/requests
- Complete other duties and special projects as assigned
- 5+ years of relevant experience supporting senior level executives in an administrative capacity
- Previous experience in high growth environment strongly preferred
- Strong work ethic, proactive, exhibits positivity, professionalism, confidentiality and good judgment
- Outstanding verbal and written communication
- Ability to deal with conflict as well as give and receive feedback diplomatically
- Ability to navigate and thrive in ambiguity
- Incredibly organised and resourceful; able to juggle and multi-task, with an acute attention to detail and follow through
- Advanced presentation skills (Google Docs, Keynote, Excel) and grasp of current social networking systems
- Passion for trying, learning, improving, and sharing best practices
- Ability to remain calm and poised under pressure
- May be required to travel up to 25%