Staff iOS Engineer, Client Data & Networking Platform
Airbnb was born in 2007 when two Hosts welcomed three guests to their San Francisco home, and has since grown to over 4 million Hosts who have welcomed more than 1 billion guest arrivals in almost every country across the globe. Every day, Hosts offer unique stays and experiences that make it possible for guests to connect with communities in a more authentic way.
The Community You Will Join:
- Airbnb is a mission-driven company dedicated to helping create a world where anyone can belong anywhere. It takes a unified team committed to our core values to achieve this goal. Airbnb's various functions embody the company's innovative spirit and our fast-moving team is committed to leading as a 21st century company.
The Difference You Will Make:
- The Client Data & Networking Platform’s mission is to develop the client networking libraries, frameworks, best practices and tools that empower engineers at Airbnb to build fast and reliable data-dependent features with high velocity and quality.
- The team owns Airbnb’s in-house front end API client supporting REST and GraphQL used by nearly all of Airbnb’s teams and users
- Our team educates engineers across the organization, shaping the paved path, best practices and influencing the engineering culture
A Typical Day:
- Work closely with Android and Web engineers on the team to develop foundational, cross platform solutions
- Partner with Airbnb product teams to understand their pain points, pilot proposed solutions, and drive adoption of paved path tooling and frameworks
- Collaborate with a wide variety of infrastructure teams as well as support product foundation teams as they build additional capabilities on top of the team’s offerings
- Participate in all phases of software development from architecture/design through implementation, testing, and on-call
- 9+ years industry experience
- Bachelor’s and/or Master’s degree, preferably in CS, or equivalent experience
- Extensive experience working with Swift, iOS Applications, GraphQL and REST APIs
- Experience working on an Infrastructure or Platform team supporting a medium to large engineering organization
- Excellent engineering and coding skills. Solid understanding of client networking, performance, caching, client storage solutions, and asynchronous programming
- Ability to mentor and grow more junior engineers (set and drive best practices for iOS client development)
- Show motivation for personal growth and learning new technologies to support the team’s needs
- Interest in innovations within the mobile industry
This position is US - Remote Eligible. The role may include occasional work at an Airbnb office or attendance at offsites, as agreed to with your manager. While the position is Remote Eligible, you must live in a state where Airbnb, Inc. has a registered entity. Click here for the up-to-date list of excluded states. This list is continuously evolving, so please check back with us if the state you live in is on the exclusion list. If your position is employed by another Airbnb entity, your recruiter will inform you what states you are eligible to work from.
Our Commitment To Inclusion & Belonging:
Airbnb is committed to working with the broadest talent pool possible. We believe diverse ideas foster innovation and engagement, and allow us to attract creatively-led people, and to develop the best products, services and solutions. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply.
We ask that you only reach out to us if you are a candidate whose disability prevents you from being able to complete our online application.
How We'll Take Care of You:
Our job titles may span more than one career level. The actual base pay is dependent upon many factors, such as: training, transferable skills, work experience, business needs and market demands. The base pay range is subject to change and may be modified in the future. This role may also be eligible for bonus, equity, benefits, and Employee Travel Credits.