Staff Software Engineer, ML Infrastructure
Airbnb was born in 2007 when two Hosts welcomed three guests to their San Francisco home, and has since grown to over 4 million Hosts who have welcomed more than 1 billion guest arrivals in almost every country across the globe. Every day, Hosts offer unique stays and experiences that make it possible for guests to connect with communities in a more authentic way.
The Difference You Will Make:
At Airbnb, our mission is to create a world where anyone can belong anywhere. We use Machine Learning extensively to create a more connected, empowered, and safer global community and enable an intelligent & worry-free travel experience.
In this role, you’ll help us build a suite of tools which together form the foundation with which ML & AI is created at Airbnb. You will contribute to creating a scalable shared platform that accelerates the pace of Machine Learning design & development and the deployment of impactful, high-quality ML use cases company-wide. You’ll also join us in creating the GenAI infrastructure that will make AI the center of our business.
A Typical Day:
You’ll have the opportunity to work on a wide variety of projects that support the ML/AI lifecycle from ideation to production, including:
- Build scalable GenAI infrastructure to support the fast evolving needs of Airbnb teams using foundational language / vision models to power next-gen product experiences
- Drive expansions of our ML platform to improve the productivity of 200+ ML Engineers & Data Scientists who rely on us
- Create solid data foundations to power the data-driven product features (e.g. Categories) that are at the center of Airbnb’s product roadmap by creating scalable human & AI Labeling infrastructure
- Use OSS technologies such as Ray, MLFlow, Tensorflow, PyTorch, LangChain, Airflow, Spark, Docker, Kubernetes, Jupyterhub, etc.
- Work side-by-side with customer teams including Customer Support, Search Relevance, Trust & Safety to deliver high-impact product wins
- 8+ years of industry experience (and/or relevant academic experience)
- Solid understanding of engineering and infrastructure best practices
- Strong coding skills in Python/Java or equivalent
- Strong Experience and knowledge of distributed systems
- Industry experience building end-to-end Machine Learning Platforms is a plus
- Experience developing and productionizing machine learning models is a plus
- Experience with Kubernetes, Spark, Docker, Airflow is a plus
This position is US - Remote Eligible. The role may include occasional work at an Airbnb office or attendance at offsites, as agreed to with your manager. While the position is Remote Eligible, you must live in a state where Airbnb, Inc. has a registered entity. Click here for the up-to-date list of excluded states. This list is continuously evolving, so please check back with us if the state you live in is on the exclusion list. If your position is employed by another Airbnb entity, your recruiter will inform you what states you are eligible to work from.
Our Commitment To Inclusion & Belonging:
Airbnb is committed to working with the broadest talent pool possible. We believe diverse ideas foster innovation and engagement, and allow us to attract creatively-led people, and to develop the best products, services and solutions. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply.
We ask that you only reach out to us if you are a candidate whose disability prevents you from being able to complete our online application.
How We'll Take Care of You:
Our job titles may span more than one career level. The actual base pay is dependent upon many factors, such as: training, transferable skills, work experience, business needs and market demands. The base pay range is subject to change and may be modified in the future. This role may also be eligible for bonus, equity, benefits, and Employee Travel Credits.