Market Manager, Spain & Portugal
Airbnb was born in 2007 when two Hosts welcomed three guests to their San Francisco home, and has since grown to over 4 million Hosts who have welcomed more than 1 billion guest arrivals in almost every country across the globe. Every day, Hosts offer unique stays and experiences that make it possible for guests to connect with communities in a more authentic way.
The Difference You will Make:
The Hosting team is seeking for an driven, bright and entrepreneurial Market Manager, Spain & Portugal to join our Barcelona-based team. You will be responsible for managing professional host accounts and supply acquisition of high quality inventory in your assigned territories in Spain & Portugal. You will build Airbnb’s strong market presence in your assigned region in collaborating with other teams as the local in-market expert. You will help develop and iterate scalable localized supply management strategy for both developed and highly competed market destinations as well as nascent and relatively untapped new markets ultimately ensuring our long-term market success. The successful candidate will report into the Spain & Portugal Territory Manager.
A Typical Day:
- Build and manage partner relationships within assigned territory
- Directly manage accounts to meet and exceed quarterly/annual growth goals
- Create and deploy scaled strategies to effectively manage & optimize the long-tail of hundreds of Professional Hosts in your region
- Analyze data and utilize data-driven recommendations to identify and action on strategic opportunities in your region to drive increase in sales
- Hold regular optimization calls and business reviews with your partners
- Prospect and onboard new, high quality supply in your assigned geography
- Maintain a baseline understanding of the technical integration of various software partners so that you can provide the right support to your clients
- Represent Airbnb in external meetings with Professional Hosts
- Educate clients on all significant product changes and cascade feedback on product and policy to the relevant internal stakeholders
- Develop strong and long lasting partnerships
- Develop deep knowledge of your assigned geographic markets
- Respond to and deliver exceptional service to your professional hosts in a timely and efficient manner
- Work cross-functionally with product, communications, public policy and customer support teams to ensure our long-term market success.
- 6+ years of experience in account management / sales
- 2+ years of hospitality/travel industry experience (nice to have)
- Fluency in Spanish and English, Portuguese language skills is a plus
- Strong time management and prioritization skills
- Ability to work at both strategic and tactical levels, with a proven track record to execute in ambiguous environments
- Excellent communication skills and ability to communicate effectively with clients
- Experience building and strengthening relationships with external partners
- Comfortable performing data analysis and making decisions based on the results
- Available to travel to assigned markets
- Ability to work within tight deadlines, adjust to changes in priorities, and balance short-term needs with long-term strategic initiatives
- Hospitality/travel industry experience in the region is a plus
- Highly proficient in using CRM software - Salesforce experience is a plus
- Charismatic self-starter who is resourceful and self-sufficient
Our Commitment To Inclusion & Belonging:
Airbnb is committed to working with the broadest talent pool possible. We believe diverse ideas foster innovation and engagement, and allow us to attract creatively-led people, and to develop the best products, services and solutions. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply.