Talent Enablement Partner (HRBP), Dublin
Airbnb was born in 2007 when two Hosts welcomed three guests to their San Francisco home, and has since grown to over 4 million Hosts who have welcomed more than 1 billion guest arrivals in almost every country across the globe. Every day, Hosts offer unique stays and experiences that make it possible for guests to connect with communities in a more authentic way.
The Community You Will Join:
Airbnb’s Talent Enablement (HR) team delivers the core components of Talent services, including advising managers and employees on people matters, supporting the planning and delivery of cyclical talent programs, collaborating with EX COEs on global program delivery, partnering with functional experts on research and investigations, and supporting function specific projects, among other responsibilities and opportunities. The Talent Enablement Partner also handles the most complex HR matters, situations and projects.
The Difference You Will Make:
The Talent (HR) Enablement Partner is an instrumental role in Airbnb’s Talent (HR) model and is uniquely positioned to deliver concrete solutions to Airbnb’s workforce in Ireland and EMEA. This role is responsible for ensuring Airbnb HR services are delivered timely, accurately and with high quality across the entire employee journey.
This is a highly cross functional role and requires strong engagement and partnership with teams across Airbnb, including business, Employee Experience/HR, and global/regional teams. We are looking for a HR thought leader who can balance the need to be a strategic, data-driven business partner and a roll up your sleeves attitude. The successful candidate thrives in a fast-paced and challenging environment and is passionate about partnering with business leaders to deliver impactful talent solutions. The position reports to the Talent Leader for EMEA.
A Typical Day:
- Partner with Business Talent teams to support the Employee Experience/People strategy for the defined client groups. Serve as a key HR point of contact for business teams and activities to which the Talent Enablement Partner is aligned, and determines the best course of action to address and resolve people matters.
- Gain strong understanding of the business, and business strategies and roadmaps.
- Partner with Business Talent Partner teams on function specific projects.
- Intake, analyze, identify and execute plans and solutions to effectively address a broad range of employee matters. Collaborate with appropriate EX partners on an ongoing basis.
- Advise and coach people managers and employees on matters that require intervention and functional guidance. Help the workforce gain skills to operate effectively as business grows and scales.
- Effectively lead and manage Employee Relations cases in partnership with EMEA legal and ER teams.
- Build awareness among managers and employees of EX self service support. Wherever possible, enable the workforce to effectively resolve inquiries and matters independently.
- Partner with EX Centers of Expertise (COE) to plan, manage and support cyclical programs including (but not limited to) performance management, annual compensation reviews, talent reviews and employee listening. Share content and process feedback with COE teams to ensure continuous improvement.
- Partner with key functional teams to ensure a stellar client experience including the Legal team to ensure compliance with employment regulations; Total Rewards in relation to compensation and benefits clarity and guidance; Talent Ops on talent processes/projects.
- Detect potential trends and patterns to inform organizational insights and contribute towards proactive planning and issue mitigation.
- Understand and track key performance indicators (KPIs) and metrics to manage performance, trends and impact.
- Promote, strengthen and embed Airbnb Core Values and Diversity and Belonging across the organization.
Professional Skills & Experience:
- Possesses deep experience in and knowledge of core HR disciplines, including HR Operations, Employee Relations, Compensation, Benefits, Recruiting, Talent Management, Organization Design, Organization Development and Change Management.
- Stellar collaboration and partnership experience and skills. Experience influencing, informing and strategizing with managers, leaders and HR partners. Extremely adept at creating and strengthening collaborative and trusting relationships within and across functions.
- Expert at advising and guiding managers and employees on complex, sensitive and critical matters to achieve strong outcomes for all stakeholders.
- Deep understanding of how business works and how specific business teams and functions to drive Airbnb’s one company roadmap and goals.
- Strong experience balancing between the big picture and driving deep into details; enjoys and thrives in working “the whole stack” - no assignment is too big or small.
- Proven problem solving experience. Strong at analyzing and understanding core elements of situations and developing options to solve problems effectively with high quality outcomes. Expertly converts complex information into compelling business context and advice.
- Synthesizes data to influence business and employee experience leaders to make meaningful recommendations with headcount planning, attrition analytics, employee survey results and other key programs and processes.
- Well developed investigative skills to resolve sensitive employee issues.
- Extremely strong ability to perceive, understand, judge and come to a reasonable and logical conclusion in order to enable the best outcome in any given situation.
- Expert program management skills and experience in leading complex cross-functional projects.
- Extremely strong communication (written, verbal and electronic) and relationship building skills. Adept at quickly distilling issues and aligning others towards joint goals and outcomes.
- Self directed and extremely effective at collaborating with partners and employees at every level across different teams, functions and regions.
- Deep sense of curiosity and enjoys learning how things work and delights in solving thorny problems responsibly and creatively.
Education, Work Experience and Extras:
- 15+ years of progressive HR experience in fast moving, high growth, global company.
- Deep experience/expertise in 3+ functional HR areas (HRBP, Employee Relations, Organization Development, Talent Management, Learning and Development, Compensation, Recruiting, etc.).
- Experience coaching and guiding teammates and colleagues to form sound approaches and deliver effective results.
- Experience supporting a Technology organization as HR Generalist, HRBP or program manager required.
- BA/BS degree in HR related field; MA/MS preferred. Educational specialization is highly preferred (Organizational Behavior, Organization Development, Employment Law, Compensation, Statistics, Business, etc).
- Prior experience working in fast-paced, dynamic, global/multinational organization highly preferred.
- Experience with HR/Data/Analytics technologies (Workday, Tableau, Excel) and Program Management tools (Smartsheet, Asana, Airtable) highly preferred.
- Strong commitment to customers and the customer experience (internal and external customers).
- Passionate about travel and how travel works.
- Enjoys having fun doing meaningful work with business clients and colleagues.
Our Commitment To Inclusion & Belonging:
Airbnb is committed to working with the broadest talent pool possible. We believe diverse ideas foster innovation and engagement, and allow us to attract creatively-led people, and to develop the best products, services and solutions. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply.