Communications Intern, EMEA
Airbnb was born in 2007 when two Hosts welcomed three guests to their San Francisco home, and has since grown to over 4 million Hosts who have welcomed more than 1 billion guest arrivals in almost every country across the globe. Every day, Hosts offer unique stays and experiences that make it possible for guests to connect with communities in a more authentic way.
The community you will join:
Airbnb is seeking a Communications Intern to join the France & Belgium Communications team for a full-time, 6-month internship.
The Communications team at Airbnb is responsible for telling our story around the world. Whether we are briefing the press on inspiring travel trends, highlighting unique experiences led by local hosts, or explaining how travel on our platform benefits local families and communities, we are the voice of Airbnb on a broad range of topics.
We're a fast-growing and high-energy team with a passion for people, places, and great stories. If you'd like to be part of one of the world's greatest communications teams, come tell us your story.
The difference you will make:
You will support the Communications team on internal reporting workflows such as populating weekly reports for France & Belgium, drafting the monthly France & Belgium communication reports, and keeping the communication calendars up-to-date.
You’ll occasionally support our consumer communications manager on Paris 2024-related projects such as PR or influencer campaigns.
A typical day:
As an intern, you’ll be integrated into a team where you’ll contribute to challenging projects. Your manager, team, and our incredible employee community will strive to be superhosts to you during the internship. We provide the support, mentorship, fun, and real world experience needed to accelerate your learning and make a real impact on our product, as Airbnb revolutionizes connection, belonging, and travel.
This is a full-time, 6-month internship opportunity. During the internship, you can expect to:
- Update the weekly communications calendar
- Review internal media monitoring tools to complete internal reports
- Monitor sport news and trends in the press and on social media
- Create and update of project tracking tools
- Support on Paris 2024-related projects including occasional onsite visits with agencies, drafting of releases, e-mails to partners or other project-related contents under senior consumer manager supervision
- Participation and support on internal coordination meetings with other functions and departments
- Enrolled in the last year of a Masters degree program in a related field (Communications, Public Relations)
- Fluent (written and spoken) in English and French with C1 level proficiency
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong attention to detail and ability to multitask
- Proficient in Google Suite and social media platforms
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively in a fast-paced environment
- Passion for communications and keeping up with industry trends
- Previous internship experience in Public Relations or Communications
Please submit all application materials in English.
Our commitment to inclusion & belonging:
Airbnb is committed to working with the best and brightest people from the broadest talent pool possible. We believe a diversity of ideas fosters innovation and engagement, and allows us to attract the best people, and to develop the best products, services and solutions. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply. If you need assistance, or a reasonable accommodation during the application and recruiting process, please contact us at: firstname.lastname@example.org.