Manager International Payroll Operations
Airbnb was born in 2007 when two Hosts welcomed three guests to their San Francisco home, and has since grown to over 4 million Hosts who have welcomed more than 1 billion guest arrivals in almost every country across the globe. Every day, Hosts offer unique stays and experiences that make it possible for guests to connect with communities in a more authentic way.
The Community You Will Join
- The Global Payroll team is responsible for ensuring compliance, accuracy in pay and a great employee experience worldwide. We are collaborative and hard working, with a sense of urgency in the work that we do. Even in the challenging environment of Global Payroll with an ever changing world of new statutory requirements and a mobile workforce, as a team we come together to support each other and make sure we are setting each other up for success.
- Payroll has many touch points and here at Airbnb you will work with many stakeholders from Talent, Benefits, Finance, Equity, our Live and Work anywhere team, Tax, Legal and many more.
The Difference You Will Make
- This role will have a direct impact on our Global Payroll operations. From vendor management, stakeholder relations and employee engagement, this role will be the subject matter expert for International Payroll. This role will be the point of contact for special projects and internal and external audits.
- In this role the successful candidate will have deep knowledge of international payroll, tax and compliance and keep up with ongoing changes and trends in Payroll globally. It is also critical that this candidate works closely with our payroll vendors to ensure accuracy in pay and compliance for statutory filings.
A Typical Day
- Work closely with the global payroll team to prepare each monthly payroll
- Audit, review and approve monthly payrolls
- Work closely with accounting to review reconciliations
- Work closely with the Talent and Benefits teams to review unique and out of the ordinary issues. Work closely on our Live and Work Anywhere program.
- Work with our equity team on monthly equity base compensation reporting
- 10+ years of experience in a Global Payroll role
- 3+ years managing a payroll operations team across multiple countries and regions, experience with EMEA and APAC required.
- Experienced managing payroll for multinational listed company with equity programs (options, restricted stock units and employee stock purchase plan)
- Working knowledge of GAAP and accounting principles
- Experience with onboarding new countries across multiple regions
- Experience with refining payroll operational procedures
- Ability to motivate, and support a global team that operates on different time zones.
- Have a high level of organizational and communication skills
- Some travel may be required
Our Commitment To Inclusion & Belonging:
Airbnb is committed to working with the broadest talent pool possible. We believe diverse ideas foster innovation and engagement, and allow us to attract creatively-led people, and to develop the best products, services and solutions. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply.
Something looks off?