Digital Content Specialist
Airbnb was born in 2007 when two Hosts welcomed three guests to their San Francisco home, and has since grown to over 4 million Hosts who have welcomed more than 1 billion guest arrivals in almost every country across the globe. Every day, Hosts offer unique stays and experiences that make it possible for guests to connect with communities in a more authentic way.
The Community You Will Join:
- The Digital Content Specialist will be joining the The Marketing Tool Ops team, as part of the Marketing Operations team under Global Marketing.
- Global Marketing is Airbnb’s storyteller, responsible for sharing our vision and product promise with hosts and guests around the world. We are a multi-disciplinary function of strategists, marketers, producers and creatives, and we build Airbnb's brand by educating our audiences on new ways to live and travel through campaigns, social, product launch events, and product marketing.
- The Marketing Tools Ops team is composed of various team members supporting the Global Marketing’s Tool Ecosystem & Workflows. The Ecosystem Digital & Media Asset Management Systems, Project Management, Creative & Production applications. All in support of Marketing, Creative and Production workflows, Marketing Tools Onboarding/Offboarding
The Difference You Will Make:
- The DAM Specialist will be responsible for organizing, tagging, adding metadata, assigning usage rights to assets, performing asset search support for campaigns, curating thematic packages of assets, and reconciling asset deliveries within DARYL, Airbnb’s Digital Asset Management (DAM) System.
- Success in this role is defined by: being able to independently take on projects using analytical thinking, meticulous attention to detail and organization; an ability to work in a diverse environment with changing workflows, teams, and priorities; and an ability to provide a positive customer experience for people who use the DARYL (DAM) platform.
A Typical Day:
- The Digital Content Specialist will be responsible for organizing, tagging, adding metadata, qc’ing, assigning usage rights to assets, performing asset search support for campaigns, curating thematic packages of assets, and reconciling asset deliveries within DARYL, Airbnb’s Digital Asset Management (DAM) System.
- In addition to supporting Airbnb at large, they will work with external photographers and various cross functional teams within the Global Marketing organization to provide DARYL (DAM) technical support.
- Cross-functional Global Marketing Teams such as Business Affairs, Creative, Marcom, Marketing, Photography, Production and Program Managers.
- Working hours will be aligned with the Pacific Time Zone within reason to allow for team collaboration & ability to provide optimal DARYL (DAM) support.
- Organize assets according to DAM archive standards; apply metadata and keywords.
- Test precision and recall of Search Engine Keyword Tags; provide feedback for revisions, synonyms, and new Keyword Tags. Will apply and remove Keyword Tags independently.
- Reference image search support for marketing campaigns and thematic programs.
- Apply usage terms, rights and attach usage agreements to assets.
- Curate content packages and make assets available to relevant audiences.
- Troubleshoot account activity and provide technical DARYL (DAM) support.
- Provide feedback on asset workflows to help improve efficiency & system optimization.
- Manage DARYL (DAM) user accounts and user group permissions across the system.
- Assists creative team in maintaining and providing tech support for DARYL (DAM) users and assists/trains cross functional partners on best practices.
- Monitor asset uploads to secure timely completion & continued adherence to critical delivery deadlines and expected deliverables.
- Perform data & file integrity checks to ensure data and file automations successfully copy data and files to appropriate fields/folders in DARYL (DAM).
- Perform User Acceptance Testing related to system application upgrades & integrations.
- Administer asset orders in DARYL (DAM) and asset research requests.
- Bachelor’s degree and experience working within a digital content or DAM system.
- Advanced understanding of metadata schema, keywording, and taxonomy.
- Experience with photo/film production with strong knowledge of image/video file formats and metadata.
- Strong attention to detail with good collaboration, organization, and communication skills.
- Quick learner, able to adapt to a fast-paced environment with changing workflows/priorities.
- Flexible, good natured, and ability to work with a diverse range of people.
- Experience working with OrangeDAM/Cortex by Orange Logic, Airtable, Adobe CC a plus.
Our Commitment To Inclusion & Belonging:
Airbnb is committed to working with the broadest talent pool possible. We believe diverse ideas foster innovation and engagement, and allow us to attract creatively-led people, and to develop the best products, services and solutions. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply.
Something looks off?