Associate Principal, Strategic Finance & Analytics
Airbnb was born in 2007 when two Hosts welcomed three guests to their San Francisco home, and has since grown to over 4 million Hosts who have welcomed more than 1 billion guest arrivals in almost every country across the globe. Every day, Hosts offer unique stays and experiences that make it possible for guests to connect with communities in a more authentic way.
The Community You Will Join:
Airbnb is a mission-driven company dedicated to helping create a world where anyone can belong anywhere. It takes a unified team committed to our core values to achieve this goal. Airbnb's various functions embody the company's innovative spirit and our fast-moving team is committed to leading as a 21st century company.
The Difference You Will Make:
The Associate Principal, Financial Planning & Analysis role will report to the Sr. Manager of Strategic Finance and Analytics, Hosts. This role will be responsible for partnering with the business on growth, analytics, and strategy within the Homes/Finance organization, and will work closely with members of the finance and product leadership teams.
The ideal candidate possesses a strong financial and analytics experience, ability to organize and create a structured approach to execution, ability to get up to speed quickly on different topics and areas. The candidate should possess excellent communication skills and feel comfortable presenting to senior leaders in the company.
A Typical Day:
- Collaborate with business partners on the annual and quarterly planning process
- Partner with stakeholders on defining, leading, and optimizing operating processes such as business reviews and roadmap reviews.
- Define and communicate performance metrics/KPIs and value frameworks, explaining the business reasons for variance from the forecast to business leaders.
- Partner with business owners to optimize unit economics and business profitability. Help the business set goals, monitor performance, measure attainment, and course correct.
- Lead or support strategic initiatives / projects within Business.
- Provide actionable insights through reporting, analytics, and partnering with DS on data accessibility, automation, and deep dive investigations
- Conduct deep dives into business trends and drivers of variance
- Feel comfortable presenting to large audiences on a regular basis, which may include senior leadership of the company
- Partner with data science teams on joint strategic and ad hoc analysis
- 5+ years of experience with increasing responsibility with ideally a mix of management consulting, business operations, private equity and start-up/operating company experience.
- B.A. or B.S. from an accredited four-year college or university
- Proactive and creative problem solver with tremendous intellectual horsepower
- Independently run complex analyses, financial models, analytical insights with little guidance
- Capable of synthesizing complex financial models or analyses into easily digestible outputs for senior leaders.
- Advanced level of SQL expertise required to be self sufficient in extracting, analyzing and reporting out on summarized data structures.
- Financial Analysis and excel modeling skills.
- Strong communication skills to all levels of the organization.
- Strong leadership and communication skills - written and verbal - required.
- Strong analytical and financial skills
- Strong strategic and critical thinking skills
- Self-starter who enjoys working in a fast-paced, collaborative, and innovative high-growth environment
- Successful candidate will be an ultimate host in role modeling our core values who is able to use judgment and thoughtfulness in getting things done.
This position is US - Remote Eligible. The role may include occasional work at an Airbnb office or attendance at offsites, as agreed to with your manager. While the position is Remote Eligible, you must live in a state where Airbnb, Inc. has a registered entity. Click here for the up-to-date list of excluded states. This list is continuously evolving, so please check back with us if the state you live in is on the exclusion list. If your position is employed by another Airbnb entity, your recruiter will inform you what states you are eligible to work from.
Our Commitment To Inclusion & Belonging:
Airbnb is committed to working with the broadest talent pool possible. We believe diverse ideas foster innovation and engagement, and allow us to attract creatively-led people, and to develop the best products, services and solutions. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply.
We ask that you only reach out to us if you are a candidate whose disability prevents you from being able to complete our online application.
How We'll Take Care of You:
Our job titles may span more than one career level. The actual base pay is dependent upon many factors, such as: training, transferable skills, work experience, business needs and market demands. The base pay range is subject to change and may be modified in the future. This role may also be eligible for bonus, equity, benefits, and Employee Travel Credits.
Something looks off?