Software Engineer, University
Adept's mission is to build Useful General Intelligence. We are solving open problems in AI in order to train models that can do arbitrary things on a computer, and we are solving open product problems in order to package these models into a form factor that best enhances human experience and performance.
We’ve recently raised a $350M Series B led by General Catalyst and Spark, on top of a $65M Series A in 2022 with Addition and Greylock. We’re fortunate to be supported by amazing firms and angels such as Chris Re, Andrej Karpathy, Root Ventures, Howie Liu, Dara Khosrowshahi, and others, and were recently highlighted by Forbes. Adept is backed by a coalition of strategic partners, including Atlassian, Microsoft, NVIDIA, and Workday.
We're looking for passionate team members who want to swing for the fences to accomplish our mission, are excited by a startup environment where the hardest problems are yet to be solved, and are eager to learn and collaborate together in our San Francisco office.
For more information, check out our blog!
We are seeking to hire our second inaugural university cohort! As a part of this team, you’ll have the opportunity to work on a range of projects across product engineering, supercompute infrastructure, network architecture, and neural net training. The ideal candidate is intellectually curious, a strong communicator, and a collaborative problem-solver.
We’re looking for engineers who have a willingness to learn and want to build large, greenfield software projects geared toward accomplishing ambitious goals. Prior experience with neural networks is not required, but a desire to learn about them is!
- Excited to quickly learn how to do new things that nobody on the team has done before
- Hold a high standard for execution speed and quality
- Have a “no job is too small” attitude to get things done
- Possess excellent communication and presentation skills
- Currently have, or in the process of obtaining, a Bachelors or Masters degree in Computer Science or a related field
- Experience with designing and building software systems either as a full-stack engineer or front-end/back-end engineer
Nice to have:
- Previous experience building and serving machine learning models
- Experience building scalable web applications and optimizing them to reduce latency and increase throughput
- Interest in managing and monitoring infrastructure deployments
- Experience writing custom efficient CUDA code
- Experience managing and working with a large cluster of computers (especially around containers + GPUs in cloud environments and high performance filesystems)
- Experience with neural networks
- Exposure to various high-performance networking technologies including MPI, NCCL, RDMA, Infiniband and RoCE
- Comprehensive health insurance coverage - 100% for employees
- Dental and vision insurance
- Unlimited vacation time for exempt employees
- 4 remote weeks per year - work from anywhere
- Competitive salary
- Stock options
- Daily meals for those in our comfortable SF office
- Commuter benefits
- Dog friendly