Software Engineer, Generalist
Adept's mission is to build Useful General Intelligence. We are solving open problems in AI in order to train models that can do arbitrary things on a computer, and we are solving open product problems in order to package these models into a form factor that best enhances human experience and performance.
We’ve recently raised a $350M Series B led by General Catalyst and Spark, on top of a $65M Series A in 2022 with Addition and Greylock. We’re fortunate to be supported by amazing firms and angels such as Chris Re, Andrej Karpathy, Root Ventures, Howie Liu, Dara Khosrowshahi, and others, and were recently highlighted by Forbes. Adept is backed by a coalition of strategic partners, including Atlassian, Microsoft, NVIDIA, and Workday.
We're looking for passionate team members who want to swing for the fences to accomplish our mission, are excited by a startup environment where the hardest problems are yet to be solved, and are eager to learn and collaborate together in our San Francisco office.
For more information, check out our blog!
We’re growing rapidly and hiring software engineers to work across a broad and exciting range of challenges! Some problems we’re working on across Engineering right now include:
- Connecting neural networks to APIs, browsers, and applications
- Scaling up model inference and running predictions at scale
- Designing and implementing large-scale data pipelines to train cutting-edge models
- Improving our iteration speed by identifying and fixing bottlenecks in our tools
- Building reliable and secure systems to power our web-based applications
- Creating scalable product infrastructure so we can deliver amazing experiences quickly to people all around the world
- Inventing new UI/UX approaches for human computer interaction when LLMs are involved
We deeply value generalist software engineers who can engage with new problems and get things done at a startup, and our team members come from a variety of backgrounds and experiences. If you have some of these, you might be a good fit:
- 4+ years of experience as a software engineer
- Experience building and serving machine learning models
- Expertise building scalable web applications
- Experience at fast-growing companies or startups
- A high level of end-to-end ownership and self-direction
- The ability to move fast and learn by doing new things
The pay range for this position in California is $175,000 - $350,000yr; however, base pay offered may vary depending on job-related knowledge, skills, candidate location, and experience.
- Comprehensive health insurance coverage - 100% for employees
- Dental and vision insurance
- Unlimited vacation time for exempt employees
- 4 remote weeks per year - work from anywhere
- Competitive salary
- Stock options
- Daily meals for those in our comfortable SF office
- Commuter benefits
- Dog friendly